#14 Smyrna 42 #11 Hardin Valley 41

Pool D

#2 Ravenwood 70 #15 Lebanon 9

#7 Bearden 42 #10 Stewarts Creek 24

#2 Ravenwood 47 #10 Stewarts Creek 24

#7 Bearden 63 #15 Lebanon 18

#2 Ravenwood 35 #7 Bearden 32

#10 Stewarts Creek 47 #15 Lebanon 32

The 4-5, 3-6, and 2-7 matches all came down to the last match!

Pools Tomorrow starting at 9am

#1 Wilson Central, Ravenwood, Beech, Centennial

#2 Rossview, Oakland*, Dickson Co, Bearden

#3 Summit, West Creek*, Smyrna, Stewarts Creek

#4 White House, Eagleville, Hardin Valley, Lebanon

*West Creek requested a move since they just wrestled both Rossview and Dickson earlier this week.

College Division starts at 9am featuring MTSU, Cumberland (Varsity and JV), Tennessee Temple, UT-Knoxville, and Arkansas Baptist

Tournament and Awards sponsored by the U.S. Air Force

...a special thanks to all of the parents that were patient with us as we searched for additional seating for the auxiliary gym and to reduce the heat in that room.

Day 2 Results:

College Division

MTSU 43 Tenn Temple 12

Cumberland 56 Arkansas Baptist 0

Cumberland-JV 36 UT-Knoxville 18

MTSU 34 Cumberland-JV 4

Cumberland 53 UT-Knoxville 0

Tenn Temple 27 Arkansas Baptist 21

MTSU 37 UT-Knoxville 16

High School Division

Rossview 45 Oakland 34

Bearden 50 Dickson Co 22

West Creek 45 Summit 33

Wilson Central 62 Centennial 8

Ravenwood 41 Beech 34

Stewarts Creek 58 Smyrna 21

Eagleville 36 White House 24

Rossview 54 Dickson Co 24

Bearden 65 Oakland 18

Summit 60 Smyrna 18

Lebanon 45 Hardin Valley 33

Day 2 Final Results:

College Division

MTSU 35 Arkansas Baptist 12

Tenn Temple 30 UT-Knoxville 24

Cumberland 51 Tenn Temple 0

Cumberland JV 44 Arkansas Baptist 5

Cumberland JV 31 Tenn Temple 15

UT-Knoxville 32 Arkansas Baptist 18

1st Cumberland 3-0 2nd MTSU 4-0 3rd Cumberland JV 3-1

Coaches agreed to use results from Tuesday's CU/MT match to decide championship as each team had injuries.

High School Division

Beech 42 Centennial 36

West Creek 59 Smyrna 15

Hardin Valley 51 Eagleville 30

Lebanon 42 White House 24

Wilson Central 66 Beech 3

Stewarts Creek 41 Summit 37

Hardin Valley 54 White House 24

Lebanon 53 Eagleville 21

Ravenwood 42 Centennial 31

Bearden 50 Rossview 25

Oakland 45 Dickson Co 29

West Creek 46 Stewarts Creek 30

Wilson Central 58 Ravenwood 16

1st place - Wilson Central 6-0

2nd place - Ravenwood 5-1

3rd place - Beech 4-2

4th place - Centennial 3-3

5th place - Bearden 5-1

A huge thanks to all of the high schools that participated in this year's duals.

We are moving the tournament to brand new Stewarts Creek H.S. next season (Nov 21-22, 2014). We will be adding an additional 4 teams to bring the field to 20 during the 2-day event with 8 duals for each team. The college tournament will expand to 10 teams.

This year's tournament was sponsored by the United States Air Force.

Well, he will get a rematch soon. Any observation as to why a top ranked, highly recruited .. especially after suoer 32, would go down that easily?

Shotts is very good but not always that good! Coach Peck? What's up? I won't say anything about anyone not being full throttle :)

Edited by Sommers

Wow... talk about a Kramer fanboy! I also enjoyed the second post trying to scrutinize BigBoyWrestlin for doing nothing more than posting a score, and absent of any biased commentary (such as you had in your post).

Oh, PS: Shotts beat Kramer 12-2, not 9-3.

Also, apparently your assessment of skill is somewhat incorrect... just based on the outcome and all. I could be wrong, but I'm just going off the numbers.

Furthermore, I think you might be on to something that warrants us stopping the presses. It would appear as though its possible for an athlete to beat another athlete, even though there is a perception of one of them being more skilled! Gee-golly-willickers I just can't believe that's even possible! That would mean that opinions, perceptions, fanboyism and immature bickering on an anonymous forum are WORTHLESS and it really only matters how much these kids can push themselves to improve and then put it to use on the mat.

Each match is its own battle. Each tournament is a fresh chance for anything to happen, regardless of rankings or who is 'perceived' to be the alpha wrestler. Maybe its time for us all to get over the ego of placing people on pedestals and then having to defend it when losses happen. Shotts beat Kramer... handedly. That's not an opinion, its a fact based off the numbers. As far as your question on if there are any observations on how this happened; yea, I've got one... On that day, Shotts outplayed him, plain and simple. It doesn't make Kramer any less of a powerhouse, nor take away any of his accolades. It just means that that he, ya know... 'lost.'

It may not pan out that way next time... No one's immortal, and anyone can be beat. Let's try to enjoy the matches and cut back on the ego/speculation on the forums.

(And yes, this is a brand new account. I've been lurking for a while and felt compelled to reply after getting a good chuckle from Sommers' responses.)

Edited by SteveAustin

Wow... talk about a Kramer fanboy! I also enjoyed the second post trying to scrutinize BigBoyWrestlin for doing nothing more than posting a score, and absent of any biased commentary (such as you had in your post).

Oh, PS: Shotts beat Kramer 12-2, not 9-3.

Also, apparently your assessment of skill is somewhat incorrect... just based on the outcome and all. I could be wrong, but I'm just going off the numbers.

Furthermore, I think you might be on to something that warrants us stopping the presses. It would appear as though its possible for an athlete to beat another athlete, even though there is a perception of one of them being more skilled! Gee-golly-willickers I just can't believe that's even possible! That would mean that opinions, perceptions, fanboyism and immature bickering on an anonymous forum are WORTHLESS and it really only matters how much these kids can push themselves to improve and then put it to use on the mat.

Each match is its own battle. Each tournament is a fresh chance for anything to happen, regardless of rankings or who is 'perceived' to be the alpha wrestler. Maybe its time for us all to get over the ego of placing people on pedestals and then having to defend it when losses happen. Shotts beat Kramer... handedly. That's not an opinion, its a fact based off the numbers. As far as your question on if there are any observations on how this happened; yea, I've got one... On that day, Shotts outplayed him, plain and simple. It doesn't make Kramer any less of a powerhouse, nor take away any of his accolades. It just means that that he, ya know... 'lost.'

It may not pan out that way next time... No one's immortal, and anyone can be beat. Let's try to enjoy the matches and cut back on the ego/speculation on the forums.

(And yes, this is a brand new account. I've been lurking for a while and felt compelled to reply after getting a good chuckle from Sommers' responses.)

Well put, Mr Steve. I actually enjoyed your response. I was not there but perhaps you can come speak with me in a couple of days for the rematch. You can ask Ryan, Ravenwood, WC coaches perhaps an official to direct you my way. Yours, Soms

PS: I won't bite. I certainly have my opinions, but making things come out clearer in person works better combined with non-verbal vs. on a msg board, again I agree about posting a score & glad a couple of new posters joined up over my ill-advised inquiry. I plan to either wear a Blackman shirt or a Christian Brothers Shirt tomorrow. Again, Come say hello!

Edited by Sommers