Playing with 6 players on the court.

vol4u

I saw something last night I have never seen before. A team came out of a time out with 6 players on the court and play started. A girl fouled and fouled out. Her coaches realized what had happened and got her to run off the floor while the ref was reporting the foul to the scoring table. When the scorers table told the ref the girl had fouled out he looked for the girl to get her out of the game but she was not on the floor. The 3 ref's talked about it all the while the other coach and their fans were yelling that they had played with 6 players and nothing was done.

That doesn't surprise me. I have seen some real poor officiating over the last couple of years. The good officials are getting better, the bad, even worse. Unfortunately the game is speeding up and way to many of the officials can't get into position and even if they do many don't seem to understand the rules well enough to call the game consistently.