Cheatham County Cubs Basketball

TheBrooklynBrawler

Let me put this way have CC play CPAs schedule I see 8-10 losses. If they are sitting at 13-10 are they still one of the best teams in TN. Average might be harsh on my part but top 5 is laughable. They are a top 10 team in AA and a top 50 team in TN. And that's because of senior leadership. Stop basing everything on records look at the talent and defensive effort compare it to other teams and you might see some of my points.

CC played 3 maybe 4 games against teams with winning records this year. Impressive... yea they are definitely a top 5 team.

I thought records didn't matter. You can't have it both ways. Over half of Cheatham's non-district schedule(5 of 9) was comprised of aaa teams, LA & East were AA state tourney teams last year, and their only single a opponent is ranked in the state's top 10 in that division. Can't control district schedule-so sounds like a decent schedule to me. In addition, they share 4 common opponents with aaa Kenwood-your team. I suppose you need to start submitting the lookingfortalent rankings statewide so everyone can have a better grasp of who is really good in your alternate reality.

Of course records matter my point is when you say CC is a top 5 team and your reasoning is because they are undefeated, then it's time to look at who you played. There are 4 undefeated teams in TN out of those 4 CC is ranked 4th why because of your cupcake schedule. Kenwood, CPA, Southside, Dyer County, are all "my teams" according to you and others on this message board. I follow talented players which often leads me to good teams. CC there for dose not interest me as much. Ensworth has won like the last 10 state championships, this year they have lost 10 games. No one cares what teams did last year besides you. In your eyes Cheatham County would beat the Miami Heat because of there team chemistry, great senior leadership, and will to win. Which is a clear sign that getting you to see anything regarding your untouchable cubs from someone else's perspective is useless. I will return to this thread when the time comes for you to eat crow. Untill then I will let this thread die.

CC played 3 maybe 4 games against teams with winning records this year. Impressive... yea they are definitely a top 5 team.

Cheatham County has played 8 different teams with winning records. (Just counting the team once. Not accounting for multiple games played against the same team.)

Kenwood has played 6 different teams with winning records. (Just counting the team once. Not accounting for multiple games played against the same team.)

Cheatham and Kenwood have each played 3 like opponents that don't have winning records also and both are 3-0 against those teams. (Not counting Sycamore who Cheatham hasn't played yet)

Cheatham has played 3 different teams ranked in the polls this year: East Nashville (at East), Kenwood (at Cheatham), and Meigs County (neutral floor) and went 3-0 against them.

Kenwood has played 5 different teams ranked in the polls this year: CPA (neutral floor), Cascade (neutral floor), Dyer County (neutral floor), South Fulton (neutral floor), and Cheatham County (at Cheatham) and are 2-3 against them.

Neither team has played a cupcake schedule at all. Kenwood I think has played a tougher schedule based on a district level standpoint for sure, but that can't be helped. Also, they lost to Cascade without 2 of their starters and top players so that's a tough one.

This argument is ridiculous and tiresome to say the least. Kenwood is good. Cheatham is good. Dyer County is good. CPA is GREAT. (Record against TN teams speaks for itself.)

Cheatham beat Kenwood in their only meeting on their home floor. Does that mean that Cheatham would beat Kenwood every time they played them? No! I think if they played each other 10 times, each team would probably win their share of them.

Kenwood is a very good team and very well coached. They have some really outstanding players that are going to be very successful at the next level. Most Cheatham fans enjoy the games against Kenwood because they know that they are going to get better playing them. There's also a friendly, fun rivalry there as both coaches coached with each other at one point at Cheatham County High School.  

My whole thing for you lookingfortalent is that this is a Cheatham County Cubs Basketball thread, which means that you are on here talking down to fans of this particular team. Do you not expect them to defend their team fully and unconditionally? As far as that goes, most everyone that has posted to you has nothing but complimentary things to say to you about Kenwood High School and their coaching staff until you started bashing the Cubs.

For me personally, I want to see both teams succeed and go far in the tournaments. I think if things fall in line that both teams could potentially make the state tournament. Good luck to both teams going forward!

Wow just told Same starting 5 played both games for Kenwood in the 36 pt win and 2 pt loss. They have another game tonight and I'm told same starting 5 playing so I assume they all finished last night's game without injury. I know 10AAA is very miss leading if you just look at records. Mostly young teams with great talent. Infact Northwest has only won 4 or 5 games this season but have the talent to beat 90% of AAA teams including Kenwood. Just mentally weak. But I never saw springfield in that same light. If they got outright beat look for Norl to have a career high tonight and a convincing win.

• 1 month later...

somehow Kenwood is talented enough to play CPA tight, yet Cheatham could play their best and lose by 20. Now I know comparing scores in a small sample size is a faulty way of predicting future outcomes, but I am really having trouble following your analysis here. Cheatham could be a 20 point underdog vs the Lions, but I think they cover that spread on their best night.

You still having trouble follow that analysis

Kenwood did not play "horrible" at all vs Cheatham County.  They didn't play great by any means but they didn't play awful.  Hairston shot the ball extremely well in the game.  Norl and Saunders pretty much evened each other out in the game.  Darden outplayed Rivers in that particular game but in most meetings you would have to say that those two guys would even one another out.  The difference maker in the game was a "ball handler" for the Cubs named Wesley Harlan who had a field day.  CPA "may" beat Cheatham County but it won't be by 20+.  The only way that happens is if Saunders, Harlan, or Darden:

a.)  have the flu

b.)  get suspended

c.)  get kidnapped before the tip

d.)  get injured during warm-ups

e.)  get injured during the game

f.)   get thrown out of the game

g.)  get in early foul trouble and 2 of the 3 have to sit the majority of the game

h.)  miss the bus (assuming the game is not at CCCHS)

The list of possibilities is endless.  I would love to see CPA play Cheatham in a game where everyone is healthy, the game is called fairly, and the boys on the floor get to decide the outcome. 

i). All show up healthy then realize they don't belong in the same gym.

I'll go with i) after the 30+ point loss