Division 2 state finals

westernwrestler

Great match all around some good wrestling but all I have to say is the refs screwed father ryan in the hwt match. I don't understand how any ref can make such a terrible call that could have costed them the match. With that said I still think Baylor wrestled a better match all around but the hwt match was something I've never seen before in my 20 years of wrestling. Congrats to all on a great night.

Sammy Cribbs one of the best referees in Middle Tennessee. Said by nobody.

There were four or five people down on the floor grading these officials and somehow they graded Sammy high enough for the finals. Somehow they need to be healed accountable for there selections. The kids deserve better from the officials and did not get it last night.

There were four or five people down on the floor grading these officials and somehow they graded Sammy high enough for the finals. Somehow they need to be healed accountable for there selections. The kids deserve better from the officials and did not get it last night.

Were you not loved enough as a kid? Or maybe you were loved a bit to much, that may be the problem. There's a few people who's only purpose in life is to get on here and talk trash, and you're their ringleader aren't you. High school must've been tough for you, with all the popular girls not letting you join their gossip circle and all. Guess your only choice is to do it now that you're in your 50s.

If you've got a problem with refs it must mean you're better than them. Stop talkin and put on the shirt and whistle. Then we can all get on and say how awful you are.

Ps, it's *held not healed.

• Upvote 1

First congrats to Baylor on their Duals State Championship.  A great team and congratulations to all these young men.

I want to thank Coach Pat Simpson for his class and once again showing us why he is such a good leader and teacher.  Anyone who witnessed the HW match knows there was a mistake made by the referee, but it happens.  This mistake had a huge impact on the result, but instead of blaming the ref Coach Simpson chose to take the high road and is moving on to get the boys ready for the Individuals.  From the Tennessean this morning:

“That didn’t beat us,†Ryan coach Pat Simpson said of the call at 285. “We had our chances. We just didn’t perform where we needed to. We’ll go back to work Monday and see if we can win the individual tournament.â€

Thank you Coach for teaching young men to not only to be good wrestlers, but how to be good men.

Were you not loved enough as a kid? Or maybe you were loved a bit to much, that may be the problem. There's a few people who's only purpose in life is to get on here and talk trash, and you're their ringleader aren't you. High school must've been tough for you, with all the popular girls not letting you join their gossip circle and all. Guess your only choice is to do it now that you're in your 50s.

If you've got a problem with refs it must mean you're better than them. Stop talkin and put on the shirt and whistle. Then we can all get on and say how awful you are.

So, an official makes a horrible call and gets called out on it.  WrestlingGod takes issue with the "calling out" and blasts the poster.  Anybody who was in the arena last night, saw one of the worst calls in the TSSAA state history would agree.  Right after the horrific call, the official walked off the mat to sale his call to the other officials.  It was pitiful.

WrestlingGod, it is time to shut your mouth.   Just because somebody does not agree with a call does not mean they feel they are better than them.  A bad call is a bad call regardless of who made it and who is commenting on it.  You are just ignorant and an idiot.  Talk about somebody who was not loved, you get on here and say stuff that is no where near accurate and hope people believe it.  You were asked about a STUPID comment YOU made last year about Patrick Dooley being related to the Simpson's and was asked how.  I saw Chuck Bean last night and wanted to ask him how his family was related to the Simpson's but I digressed.  I know the Bean family and the mother of Patrick Dooley is a Bean.  Not a Simpson.  Therefore, you have lost all credibility.  You were asked how Dooley is related to the Simpson's and you have not answered.  Did something happen to you as a child and it is now coming out these last few years?  I would recommend seeking help.  Professional help.  It will do you good and everybody else.

As for putting on a shirt and whistle so that we can say how awful somebody is, keep talking and everybody will know how awful and ignorant you are.  Oh, even without talking, everybody knows this.

Edited by hoosierdad

I watched the match and it appeared to me that the lead official looked up at the assistant while looking for the pin and saw the assistant making the universal timeout sign. In wrestling ,referees use the "T" to signal for a technical violation. But, in the heat of the moment with the fans going nuts, what I think may have happened was he saw the sign and may have assumed that the assistant was telling him the period was ended. You might say they were only a minute into the match. But, anybody that has wrestled knows that time slows down when you are fighting off of your back. Having officiated, I know that when you are on the mat looking for a fall your concept of time is thrown off. So, I can understand how an official blows the whistle incorrectly when an assistant official makes a big deal of a technical violation by throwing up the "T" right behind the two wrestlers you are watching. It was an incorrect call and could have been the difference in the dual. However, Ryan had many missed opportunities in the dual that could have made the difference in the outcome.

Simmer down son....

1) never correct grammar or spelling

B) refs do make mistakes

3) all posters are not idiots like that short fat ASSt coach that use to post under 15 screen names

It seems that the ref in question did make a bad call and possible cost TFI a State title..

I do think that the refs should be held accountable for not knowing the rules or just flat out making a bad call .. That being said, I believe that 97.2% are really good refs with the other 2.8 should perhaps ref tee -ball ..

Now before you tell me to grab a whistle and get on the mat, let me inform you that I purchased my tight fitting pants and stripped shirt only to be told by my neighbor next door that I would be a distraction in my wardrobe....

I feel for the boys in purple, just like I felt for the boys in red when they got hosed a year or two ago against TTOW....

We all make mistakes, even refs....

Bcb iii

So, an official makes a horrible call and gets called out on it. WrestlingGod takes issue with the "calling out" and blasts the poster. Anybody who was in the arena last night, saw one of the worst calls in the TSSAA state history would agree. Right after the horrific call, the official walked off the mat to sale his call to the other officials. It was pitiful.

WrestlingGod, it is time to shut your mouth. Just because somebody does not agree with a call does not mean they feel they are better than them. A bad call is a bad call regardless of who made it and who is commenting on it. You are just ignorant and an idiot. Talk about somebody who was not loved, you get on here and say stuff that is no where near accurate and hope people believe it. You were asked about a STUPID comment YOU made last year about Patrick Dooley being related to the Simpson's and was asked how. I saw Chuck Bean last night and wanted to ask him how his family was related to the Simpson's but I digressed. I know the Bean family and the mother of Patrick Dooley is a Bean. Not a Simpson. Therefore, you have lost all credibility. You were asked how Dooley is related to the Simpson's and you have not answered. Did something happen to you as a child and it is now coming out these last few years? I would recommend seeking help. Professional help. It will do you good and everybody else.

As for putting on a shirt and whistle so that we can say how awful somebody is, keep talking and everybody will know how awful and ignorant you are. Oh, even without talking, everybody knows this.

Lol you mad bro?

Not sure if this is the same referee. But, in the CBHS v. MBA dual earlier that day, there was an insanely bad call that was very similar. In sudden death OT, the CBHS wrestler put the MBA wrestler flat on his back. The ref in error, immediately stopped the action and ended the match due to the TD without giving the opportunity to finish the pin. Luckily for the Bro's, they got an unexpected win in the final match, as to avoid this erroneous mistake costing them the dual win.

The same referee #1208, made a highly questionable stalling call that decided a heartbreaking CBHS match in the final "second" of the 3rd OT, the night before. If you're a Bro's fan, after two such critical, impactful calls by the same ref in (2) straight duals, it was difficult not to feel that there was an agenda. However, after what happened in the DII finals, maybe one or two of these refs are just that bad.

Unfortunately, the blatant mistakes of these inept few, are impacting outcomes and deciding matches. I just hope that the powers that be are holding them accountable. These wrestlers work too hard and sacrifice too much to deserve any less.

There are some very good refs in the state. But overall, the quality of Tennessee wrestling is so far above the quality of TN officiating.

Edited by TO338