Region 1 A/AA Team Scores

TeamTN

Alcoa, Greeneville, Pigeon Forge, West Greene, Sullivan East, So many Young Wrestlers on these teams.  Keep them out Coaches! Keep getting better!

Also So many new teams on the scoreboard: Happy Valley, South Greene, and Livingston Academy!  Sport is growing here in East Tennessee and its not easy start a new program from scratch!  I hope the schools Administration, Students, and the community support and encourage their efforts!  I say BRAVO to the AD's and Principal's of these schools for adding the Sport of Wrestling and increasing the opportunities for their students to compete in athletics!

I don't see how a freshman can wrestle in an upper weight class and tech through the tournament including the #1 kid in state and not get o.w. Fill me in please.

I guess you have to ask the coaches as they voted. I would say many will consider the wrestlers total body of work thru the year plus the tournament. In this case there was no region 1 season body of work to add to Sammy's tournament. There were several wrestlers that had great tournament showings. Region 1 should do very well at A/AA State. Edited by baller95
  • Upvote 1

Team Scores

Pigeon Forge 

Alcoa 

Greeneville 

Grace Christian Academy 

West Greene 

Sullivan East 

Knoxville Catholic 

Elizabethton 

Greenback 

CAK 

Kingston 

Chuckey-Doak 

Happy Valley 

South Greene 

Livingston Acad. 

Sullivan South 

Austin East 

Union Co. 

Hancock Co. 

Knoxville Fulton 

Northview 

Evans might get OW in California when he flies back week after next. No coach, besides Alcoa, would vote for this situation. The boys on the mat yesterday, with the exception of Evans, have lived here all season and wrestled here all season. This tournament was Evans first showing in TN. Now, if he stays here maybe next year he will get OW. That is if he doesn't get blackballed.