Finals predictions for state?

zachpatt96

Haney (WV) vs Hernandez (HER) in the semi's

McElhaney (BC) vs Carter (COR) in the 2nd round

I'm guessing these 2 matches will determine your finalists.

I'm picking at least one of our county's wrestlers in the finals and also bringing home the gold.

Navarro (BC) from the top

Blansit (CHS) vs Huling (KH) in the quarter's - winner faces Crawford (HER) in the semi's.

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the bottom.

I'm picking at least one of our county's wrestlers in the finals and also bringing home the gold.

Cyree (TUL) vs Fuller (BC) in the semi's

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the top.

Lee (FRA) from the bottom

I'm picking the winner from the top to win it all, either Tullahoma or another wrestler from Bradley County.

Debien (CHS) vs Dickeson (WC)

I'm picking another hometown champ.

Richard (WC) vs Holcomb (SD) in the semi's

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the top.

Stevison (CHS) from the bottom.

Another possible all region 4 finals, I'm picking another Bradley County champ.

Russo (SD) vs Taylor (CHS)

Yet another all Region 4 finals, again I'm picking a hometown boy.

Richmond (SD) vs Hamilton (BRE)

Another Region 4 finalist. Hamilton may have the edge after his last two performances.

Warren (RW) vs Garrison (BLK) in the semi's.

Oliver (CHS) vs Binns (WC) in the quarter's.

I'm guessing these 2 matches will determine your finalists.

Possibly another Bradley County finalist. Garrison seems to be the favorite.

Dooley (FRK) vs Alexander (SD)

Region 4 finalist and possible champ. Alexander is hungry to make up for region and take gold his senior year but Dooley has momentum. Should be very close.

Hamilton (CHS) vs Kennedy (RIV)

I'm picking another Cleveland champ in a close match.

Solomon (MAR) from the top.

Yunis (KW) vs Raulston (WV)

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the bottom. Another close match.

Possibly another Bradley County finalist. I'm guessing Solomon wins in a close one.

West (CHS) from the top.

Kennett (WV) vs Russell (CLK)

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the bottom. It should be very close.

I'm picking another Cleveland champ in what could be another all region 4 finals.

Kramer (WC) vs Kennedy (CHS)

Whoever wins this one will be in the finals on the top. Another close one.

Shotts (RW) from the bottom.

Another possible Cleveland finalist if he can get past Filbey and Kramer again but Shotts seems to have the edge.

Reagan (CLK) vs Miller (WV)

Bradley County boy in the finals again but I believe Reagan wins this one.

I admit I may be little biased but these are my picks and I don't think they are too far fetched. Our locals boys should make a good showing with many in the finals and some falling short in the semi's. I doubt we will have a region 4 rep in every weight class but it could be close. Maybe 10? Looks like there will be several great matches just like any year filled with some upsets and surprises.

• Upvote 1

Its not an exact science, just my favorites.

Which of these might not make the finals?

120 - Cyree, Fuller, Lee? Cyree is the favorite over Fuller but I'm not ruling him out, it should be close.

152 - Warren, Garrison, Binns, Oliver? Garrison and Binns are probably the favorites but these other two a very even with them so its a toss up.

160 - Dooley, Alexander?

182 - Solomon, Yunis, Raulston? Yunis and Raulston should be a very close match.

220 - Kramer, Kennedy, Filbey, Shotts? I said Kennedy would have to get past Kramer and Filbey which is also possible since he's already beat Kramer.

285 - Reagan, Miller?

In the class of 152 and 160. I wouldn't count Hager and Cotton that beat the 1 guy in the state.

At 152 I believe Garrison on the top of the bracket is undefeated and has some significant wins this season including a win over Warren. Warren is also very good as is Williamson from SD who defeated Hager. Oliver also defeated Hager and Williamson. I see at least 3 wrestlers on the top of the bracket that would probably beat Hager.

At 160 Cotton had a great region tournament and has a win over Alexander and Begley. Dooley and Wilson are on the same side of the bracket and both have wins over Cotton. Him and Wilson split matches actually. Not to mention the return of Sells, depending on how healthy he is. His match with Croy was very close and he also lost to Klingensmith. He would have to have another great tournament and get past three tough contenders to make the finals.