Creekwood vs Fulton

soccerfreak92

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeahack thank you for trying to help pioneer see the light but try as you may he is desperately trying to prove a point he made on the dyersburg/creek wood thread that dyersburg should not have played them man to man.....

Didn't see any of the games, but if you tried to play Bell man to man without doubling up on her when she got the ball, then, sorry, it's a mistake by the coaching staff. You have to make the rest of the team beat you. There are very few players in the state, if any, that can contain her. No wonder Dyersburg was down 15 early if they started out man. I'm sure Creekwood went to her early and often. Match up zone, with lots of help, triangle and two, and hope the other girls on the team have an off night, which sounds like the case in the Fulton game. Congratulations to all teams for making it to the State Tournament.

Play2win13 Fulton played a 1-2-2 matchup zone and they only scored 6 in the 1st quarter. They put up 26 in the 1st Quarter against Dyersburg. The Dyersburg fans said all they play is man and I didn't know anything about basketball. So, I guess u don't anything either or the Fulton coach, lol.

Play2win13 Fulton played a 1-2-2 matchup zone and they only scored 6 in the 1st quarter. They put up 26 in the 1st Quarter against Dyersburg. The Dyersburg fans said all they play is man and I didn't know anything about basketball. So, I guess u don't anything either or the Fulton coach, lol.

I never said that Dyersburg only plays man, I said that has been a strength of theres and they've had success with it. They are athletic enough to play Creekwood man.   They did make adjustments in the game. The difference in the game was not their defense.  The difference was that Bell shot something like 60% in the first half.  She was so hot she could have stood upside down in the stands and her shots go in.  Look up her shot % against Fulton and I doubt it was that high.  Here's another thing, when dyersburg made other players beside Bell shoot they hit their shots as well, #40 hit four 3's by herself.  

None of dyersburgs main scorers even hit their average in that game, you don't shoot 31% and win a ball game.

But overall here's the point I'm trying to make all along.  Everybody can coach from the stands.  The minute a good team looses and you're on here dogging the coach and players who evidently know something in order to get to where they are.  I'm passionate about our girls and their coaches.  I know how hard they work.  They deserve better than that.  Go get a high school girls coaching job and make it to state then you've earned the right to run your mouth, even though good respectable coaches would never get on here and do that.  You have had somebody from Dyersburg and South Gibson hurt your feelings or you wouldn't feel the need to get on here and talk them down.

Love2watch if South Gibson's coach would play summer league ball and have a better relationship with the players I would like him more. South Gibson's players have to go to Dyersburg or GC or ? to play summer league. He has a bad relationship with the players. I hear it from the players and parent. As for your coach, I think he does a good job. I just thought he should have made an adjustment int he Creekwood game and the other poster felt the same. Good luck to u guys next year. You guys should do well again. I will be pulling for Dyersburg as I did this year if u guys make it to the Boro.