Elizabethton Lady Cyclones Softball

BigBama42

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! I hope we challenge Unicoi as well. I'm cautiously optimistic for now. The team has lots of potential but IMO the jury is out on whether the coach has what it takes. Will the best players play or will upperclassmen play just because they are upperclassmen? I don't like the 10 day gap between games around spring break. Will that cause a lull? Time will surely provide some answers.

She still plays seniors. I will say that we have a few seniors that can play really well this year. It's to be seen how the coach performs. I don't think she has an assistant coach yet. I do hope they continue to improve. Hodge has 3 HR in 2 games and is playing tough behind the plate. A few of the girls are hitting well. Cunningham is hitting and has been excellent on the mound. Poiroux has several RBIs and is hitting well and is improving at 2nd base. Love is playing well at SS but could hit much better, I know, I have seen her hit! So, it's to be seen how the coach makes adjustments in the batting line up to get the good hitters where they belong. Also, if you are a senior, and strike out often, don't run for the ball when hit to you, and don't give your best effort every play, you don't belong in the lineup or on the field. It's not about just having fun at this level, it's about winning ball games!

Elizabethton downs Sullivan North 15-2 on Tuesday and won a tough game against Chuckey Doak on Wednesday 4-0. Destiney Poiroux played one heck of a game at 2nd base with a couple of outstanding snags. The defense as a whole played great! Looking forward to playing Sullivan East on Thursday! Go Cyclones! 4-0 on the season. Keep it going!

Elizabethton defeats Sullivan East 4-3 behind the pitching of sophomore Emily Kiser. Down 3-2 in the top of 7th, bases loaded, Destiney Poiroux drives in 2 runs with a hard hit over 2nd base. We play Tennessee high tomorrow 5 pm at Elizabethton. Keep it going Cyclones!

Edited by BigBama42

• 3 weeks later...

So far I'd say it has gone about as well as could be expected. With 7 days off from practice and 9 days between games around spring break, the likelihood of challenging Unicoi the first game back was low. Subsequent extra inning games against HV and JC followed which we were LUCKY to win. Had a strong start in the Eastman, but faded in the last two games. This team has great potential, but is suffering from lack of quality practice and mediocre coaching.

Edited by etownsparky