SMOKY MOUNTAIN STAMPEDE CANCELED

TeamTN

Hey Darrell,

We were going to hit this one, but I could never find anything about it on the USAW site besides location and start time.  I was planning to just show up, but 2 weekends straight to east TN after 4 months with almost no off time was just too much.  I'm glad to know you're on here now, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the right source of info now!  :)

Chad

Hey Chad.  I hate canceling a tournament and have rarely ever canceled but with pre-registration closing at 8 PM Thursday night and only 21 entries, it just did not seem fair to those traveling to PF or for our wrestling family who were planning on working the event (to make a little money for our Freestyle program).  Just to big of a gamble to rely on "walk-ups".  I have been asked about rescheduling, if we do, I will post the info on here. 

Busy weekend for wrestling.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TENNESSEE WRESTLERS HEADING TO VA BEACH! 

With NHSCA being this weekend, Flo Nationals & USA Nationals following soon it's a little to early for local Freestyle/Greco Roman tournaments. JMO, but all local international style tournaments probably should not be scheduled before the 1st weekend of April. Some schools districts have just returned from Spring Break & other districts are having a break now. It's difficult to get commitments from kids when they are not in school.