Red Bank @ Boyd Buc

reaction

Opening games are tough to predict a winner, especially when teams are similar. Boyd should be considered the underdog, especially against a much larger school. Watched both at Jamboree Friday. Boyd obviousy did not have to show much against a much less talented team. Red Bank ran a 3/4 defense that looked like it was set up to stop a power running game, which Boyd does not appear to have as its strength. Big receiver targets (#21 and #86) could make difference in game if running attack stalls. Toss up in my opinion.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening games are tough to predict a winner, especially when teams are similar. Boyd should be considered the underdog, especially against a much larger school. Watched both at Jamboree Friday. Boyd obviousy did not have to show much against a much less talented team. Red Bank ran a 3/4 defense that looked like it was set up to stop a power running game, which Boyd does not appear to have as its strength. Big receiver targets (#21 and #86) could make difference in game if running attack stalls. Toss up in my opinion.

Agree with all comments. Boyd is absolutely the underdog in this one as RB underachieved last year but appear to have a good coach in place now with good athletes like East Ridge. Red Bank runs the same type offense but will have better athletes out in space so tackling must be good. 3/4 defense with two deep safeties designed to stop the run and prevent big plays.  BB will have to throw the ball on running downs to sustain some drives. Heat will be a factor in second half but don't know who that favors. BB will have to have a couple of big plays in the passing game to come out on top. They will not be able to pound it down RB's throat consistently.   

We played Sale Creek who have only been playing ball for a couple of years. It didn't tell us Much. We have looked good at times in the scrimmages. Basically I have no idea how good we are this year.

This is my first time in about 7 years I just don't have a feeling for how it's going to go.

We are still very young so we could be very good or we still could be a year away.