Fulton Football

Ranger7

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, maybe all Fulton fans are like this? Kinda disappointing.

Nah we just take offense when y'all say we play a weak schedule... We've never ran from anybody we played Alcoa at their greatest time so why would we not want to play them now? Not too many teams in east tn want to play fulton... We can't schedule everybody 4 5a/6a non district opponents is not what I call a weak schedule "year in and out" but hey I apologize if my comments were arrogant just don't talk down one team and expect me to not spit facts at you.

Your right, you shouldn't. Especially since the toughest team u will play is currently 0-2. And beaten by our district favorite already.

I'd also like to go on the record as a longtime Fulton admirer. I love an inner city school that excels in sports. I think your coaches fight a daily battle like no other. I love Jody wright. I guess it's just you that rubs me the wrong way. Try and use a little cooth, or class when bragging about your team. You don't see too many maryville fans on here dogging other teams and telling people to strap em up. They use tact and humility to get their points across. Yes, thinking about it now, it is just you.

If you would read my posts I think you would see I haven't "dogged" or talked down to anyone except Govs91 on this site. I went in on you because you decided to stir up a hornet's nest!

Exactly. There was no heads-up about it or anything until after it happened.

What have on that deal? I only know the Fulton side of the deal. I would like to know the other side too. It made it herd for Alcoa to fill the district schedule with out Loudon? I understand that part, I think, but the Alcoa and Fulton game was the best game of the year for us! And mR. Wright ? What did he get out of the deal? I want Alcoa's side of the story please. And end the end, I hope Ollie the gold balls come back to east TN.

The whole strength of teams you play argument always cracks me up, it changes year to year, teams make the schedules before the players that are playing it will be Jrs and Srs most of the time and a lot of times longer than that. Fultons schedule is no different than anyone elses, Farragut, Powell, Bearden, these teams are normally real good and are big schools so I do not think they are scheduling wins, good lord that would be like saying that Cumberland and Lynn were scheduling wins by scheduling Campbell Co. when they did, no one knew CC would be a pretty good team when they actually went to play the game just like CC did not know or they might have scheduled tougher games. It works both ways, just play the games in front of you and quit worrying about other teams schedules to try and somehow compare in the make believe league.

What have on that deal? I only know the Fulton side of the deal. I would like to know the other side too. It made it herd for Alcoa to fill the district schedule with out Loudon? I understand that part, I think, but the Alcoa and Fulton game was the best game of the year for us! And mR. Wright ? What did he get out of the deal? I want Alcoa's side of the story please. And end the end, I hope Ollie the gold balls come back to east TN.

We weren't the only ones affected by it. CAKe has an equally hard time finding games. Jody Wright is the one that proposed it to begin with, then the rest of the T$$AA Board of Control voted for it and it passed. Had there been a warning about this, District 4 teams would have had time to voice their opinions and fight it, but the BOC just went ahead and did it.

I guess the bottom line of Alcoa's side is: we have a hard enough time finding games as it is, as Rankin now makes about 90 phone calls to teams begging them to play Alcoa. After Wright proposed the move, it made matters worse for us. So our form of retaliation was to make Fulton spend $$ on travel to Christian Co., KY.

Having said that, I would have liked to see these teams play again, but I don't see it for the foreseeable future. Sigh....

The whole strength of teams you play argument always cracks me up, it changes year to year, teams make the schedules before the players that are playing it will be Jrs and Srs most of the time and a lot of times longer than that. Fultons schedule is no different than anyone elses, Farragut, Powell, Bearden, these teams are normally real good and are big schools so I do not think they are scheduling wins, good lord that would be like saying that Cumberland and Lynn were scheduling wins by scheduling Campbell Co. when they did, no one knew CC would be a pretty good team when they actually went to play the game just like CC did not know or they might have scheduled tougher games. It works both ways, just play the games in front of you and quit worrying about other teams schedules to try and somehow compare in the make believe league.

+1000

I agree 100%. !!!! Just as when CC scheduled them, they never thought they'd be that bad. And Fulton never dreamed Powell and bearden would be that down. It'll all change in two years for everyone but maryville. Lol