Game 3: Whitehaven 34, Melrose 12

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East 21 Central 20

Craigmont 31 F 13

Whitehaven 38 melrose 20

Well, well, well ... will wonders never cease? Look who's participating in the BGIM. If it isn't baylorbigdog1976 himself. Welcome aboard sir! It's awfully nice to have you join our little soiree of prognositcation. It's an honor and a pleasure sir.

East beating central is no suprise, east is stacked this year and can beat anybody. .. that game was 6-0 at half before central QB went down with an injury. AND EAST pulled away

I read the article as well. You have to remember that Deddrick Thomas plays QB, WR, RB, Corner, and Safety. Not just QB. Losing him was a HUGE blow. He goes out late 2nd Quarter and East makes their run late 3rd Quarter. East did what a good team does in that situation. The paper said it was his shoulder. Coach Crutchfield seems to think that DT will be alright ... but you never know until after the MRI has been evaluated. I hope the young man gets to return pretty soon.

I like the quote by coach Crutchfield. He said, essentially, that this is a TEAM sport, and the best TEAM won. Driving a message home to the rest of his team that they can't just wait for DT to do it all. They have to step up and make plays. That was a great teaching moment.

Edited by kwc

Haha I needed a good laugh. Doesn't mean I am going soft kwc but I thought you needed at least one person east of tn River on here.

Well, well, well ... will wonders never cease? Look who's participating in the BGIM. If it isn't baylorbigdog1976 himself. Welcome aboard sir! It's awfully nice to have you join our little soiree of prognositcation. It's an honor and a pleasure sir.

Haha I needed a good laugh. Doesn't mean I am going soft kwc but I thought you needed at least one person east of tn River on here.

We don't discriminate. We take'm east of the Tennessee River as well. Come on in. Sit down and get comfy. Have some fun why don'tcha!

BIGM - Week 4

Friday's Games (September 19)

Game 4: Bartlett at Millington

Game 5: Jackson Aca. at Briarcrest

Game 6: Desoto Central at CBHS

Game 7: ECS at Harding

Game 8: Lausanne at Northpoint Christian

Game 9: Mitchell at Lewisburg (MS)

Game 10: MUS at South Panola (MS)

Game 11: Horn Lake (MS) at St. Benedict

Game 12: Trezevant at Southwind

Friday's Games (September 19)

Game 4: Bartlett 7, Millington 30

Game 5: Jackson Aca. 10, Briarcrest 14

Game 6: DeSoto Central 13, Christian Brothers 7

Game 7: ECS 46, Harding 13

Game 8: Lausanne 14, Northpoint 27

Game 9: Mitchell 40, Lewisburg 47

Game 10: MUS 9, South Panola 48

Game 11: Horn Lake 35, St. Benedict 28

Game 12: Trezevant 42, Southwind 6

Edited by kwc

What is goin on with Mitchell??? i figured they would be alot better

coach10ac:

Lewisburg is a MS 6A school. That school would be in the same classification as Whitehaven if they played in Tennessee. They are pretty good this year as well. I think Mitchell did very well considering they faced a pretty good program that comes from a school with a student body that is probably 5-6 times larger then theirs. They put 40 points on the board against a team that size. Too bad they couldn't pull out the victory. That was a galliant effort!

If this doesn't break their spirits ... They (Mitchell) are going to wreck havoc on the other 2A teams they face this year. They should be a very, very strong team in the 2A playoffs this year. I don't know of another 2A team in the entire state that faces the type of competition they face and compete as well as they do. There may be some others, but I'm not aware of them. It's a testament to the coaches and the players themselves.