Tn High @ Elizabethton

orange and black

Nice for Cap 1 to bring more facts for the Vikings than I hadn't previously known. Thanks!  I hope it is a good game.  I really hope that the Vikings are that much improved.  Last years game wasn't a "DOG STOMP" but it wasn't that far off.  So if I may quote you, "Keeping it 100%" then here is a box score reminder:  1st qtr   EHS 14 - THS 0  2nd qtr  EHS 7 - THS 7  3rd qtr EHS 14 - THS 6  4th qtr  EHS 0 - THS 0   Final  EHS 35 - THS 13.    If that isn't proof of how our team can win even if we have a QB that doesn't impress people with his passing (when they are being "nice") is a look at both programs since '09 and let the facts speak for them selves:

*PLAYOFFS

THS   '09   (11-1)  exit 1st round      EHS  '09   (5-6)  exit 1st round

'10     (6-5)  exit 1st round               '10   (9-5)  exit 3rd round

'11     (5-5)  none                             '11   (8-4)  exit 2nd round

'12     (8-5)  exit 3rd round               '12  (11-3) exit 4th round

'13     (6-5)  exit 1st round               '13  (10-2) exit 2nd round

Now before someone will say, WE PLAY BETTER TEAMS...last year both the Vikings and Cyclones played the SAME teams that were;  Johnson County, Sullivan South, Science Hill, Daniel Boone and David Crockett.  Regular season has 10 games so this is half-of-the-season teams.  Common opponents scores were like this....  THS scored 194 points and gave up 97.  Having lost two games of the common opponents.  EHS scored 188 points and gave up 67.   Lost one game to common opponents.  EHS scored 9 fewer points BUT gave up 30 fewer points.  So one might or could say EHS is 21 points better and one win better last year.  But, yes that was last year.  We can't and shouldn't live in the past.  I wish the Vikings all the best this season.  I am and always will be a fan of our East Tennessee teams, so nothing but respect to all.  Now, if these two teams are that much alike as Cap 1 has stated, then even better for Betsy!  They say the best form of flattery is impersonation.

GO CYCLONES !!!!

Edited by gr8tplay

This game has absolutely nothing in the least to do with SH or DB. Elizabethton steps up on this one and hopefully it's defense with it. EHS 42 THS 21. Hopeful for an injury free game for both classy teams. Gr8tplay, I love the stats, keep them coming. And Cap1, I think EHS's QB will throw for more yardage than he rushes this game, might even wager it.

Edited by Fan12

This game has absolutely nothing in the least to do with SH or DB. Elizabethton steps up on this one and hopefully it's defense with it. EHS 42 THS 21. Hopeful for an injury free game for both classy teams. Gr8tplay, I love the stats, keep them coming. And Cap1, I think EHS's QB will throw for more yardage than he rushes this game, might even wager it.

How is Caleb's ankle doing after a couple weeks off.

Science Hill is a strong first half team but in almost every game this season and last season they faded after halftime and leave the door wide open. You can ignore stuff all you want but fact remains, EHS did step it up. You don't go from 35-0 to outscoring the same starters because the other team let up. Science Hill got sloppy and EHS capitalized on the mistakes and penalties. Yeah, we lost the game. You make as many excuses as the people you point your finger at.

I can agree with that because after their first half barrage they've pretty much been able to do the backstroke for the second half of ALL their games... just as they did with you guys.  :roflol:

"The Gauntlet" That is funny!!!!!!!  If you don't make it out of the first round of playoffs you might not see better backs.  Down the road I am sure there is at least 10 to 12 schools in the state with better backs than DB.

True... but chances are that we wouldn't see more than a couple even if we were to make it to the Cship. That's just using a little common sense. You should try using a little of that before you send this kind of post out for everyone to see. 

No here we don't go! If you think for one minute Stacy Carter wouldn't have hung 100 points on us if he could your nuts! I agree they were better that night but apparently you don't read your own post! You saided stomped the whole game! I simply showed you it wasn't the whole game! And as far as keeping it up after the first quarter like that Fulton sure doesn't have a problem with it! So you pay special attention to what I post and don't read any deeper than it is!

IMO, if Stacy was the butt hole some of you try to make him out to be.... he could have come REALLY close to 100 point that night! After putting 34 on a you guys in just the opening minutes of a game I don't think there was anyone  in that stadium that night (except of course YOU and your buddy Track06) that had a doubt of what the outcome of this game was going to be. I'm sure that the game plan for Stacy after halftime was to run that clock out and to take as few chances as necessary.... basically cruse to the finishline as they did. Once again... just a little COMMON SENSE.  :lol:

Nice for Cap 1 to bring more facts for the Vikings than I hadn't previously known. Thanks!  I hope it is a good game.  I really hope that the Vikings are that much improved.  Last years game wasn't a "DOG STOMP" but it wasn't that far off.  So if I may quote you, "Keeping it 100%" then here is a box score reminder:  1st qtr   EHS 14 - THS 0  2nd qtr  EHS 7 - THS 7  3rd qtr EHS 14 - THS 6  4th qtr  EHS 0 - THS 0   Final  EHS 35 - THS 13.    If that isn't proof of how our team can win even if we have a QB that doesn't impress people with his passing (when they are being "nice") is a look at both programs since '09 and let the facts speak for them selves:

*PLAYOFFS

THS   '09   (11-1)  exit 1st round      EHS  '09   (5-6)  exit 1st round

'10     (6-5)  exit 1st round               '10   (9-5)  exit 3rd round

'11     (5-5)  none                             '11   (8-4)  exit 2nd round

'12     (8-5)  exit 3rd round               '12  (11-3) exit 4th round

'13     (6-5)  exit 1st round               '13  (10-2) exit 2nd round

Now before someone will say, WE PLAY BETTER TEAMS...last year both the Vikings and Cyclones played the SAME teams that were;  Johnson County, Sullivan South, Science Hill, Daniel Boone and David Crockett.  Regular season has 10 games so this is half-of-the-season teams.  Common opponents scores were like this....  THS scored 194 points and gave up 97.  Having lost two games of the common opponents.  EHS scored 188 points and gave up 67.   Lost one game to common opponents.  EHS scored 9 fewer points BUT gave up 30 fewer points.  So one might or could say EHS is 21 points better and one win better last year.  But, yes that was last year.  We can't and shouldn't live in the past.  I wish the Vikings all the best this season.  I am and always will be a fan of our East Tennessee teams, so nothing but respect to all.  Now, if these two teams are that much alike as Cap 1 has stated, then even better for Betsy!  They say the best form of flattery is impersonation.

GO CYCLONES !!!!

Hey... I got some "facts" for ya. Check it out!!

Sep. 27, 2013   at Tennessee 13                 Elizabethton 35

Oct. 17, 2008    at Tennessee 42                 Elizabethton 20

Oct. 19, 2007    at Elizabethton 0                 Tennessee 41

Sep. 1, 2006     at Tennessee 35                 Elizabethton 6

Sep. 2, 2005     at Elizabethton 7                 Tennessee 21

Nov. 19, 2004   at Tennessee 35                 Elizabethton 18

Sep. 3, 2004     at Elizabethton 3                 Tennessee 35

Sep. 5, 2003     at Tennessee 13                 Elizabethton 14

Sep. 6, 2002     at Elizabethton 20               Tennessee 42

Nov. 9, 2001     at Tennessee 20                 Elizabethton 14

Aug. 31, 2001   at Tennessee 15                 Elizabethton 7

I hope so... because in that scenario we win. 

IMO, if Stacy was the butt hole some of you try to make him out to be.... he could have come REALLY close to 100 point that night! After putting 34 on a you guys in just the opening minutes of a game I don't think there was anyone in that stadium that night (except of course YOU and your buddy Track06) that had a doubt of what the outcome of this game was going to be. I'm sure that the game plan for Stacy after halftime was to run that clock out and to take as few chances as necessary.... basically cruse to the finishline as they did. Once again... just a little COMMON SENSE. :lol:

If having the starters in for whole game including when our back up QB throws a td pass against their 1's is taking few chances as necessary.then you are correct, but that's not what Stacy was trying to do, I was there he was trying to score every play.

IMO, if Stacy was the butt hole some of you try to make him out to be.... he could have come REALLY close to 100 point that night! After putting 34 on a you guys in just the opening minutes of a game I don't think there was anyone in that stadium that night (except of course YOU and your buddy Track06) that had a doubt of what the outcome of this game was going to be. I'm sure that the game plan for Stacy after halftime was to run that clock out and to take as few chances as necessary.... basically cruse to the finishline as they did. Once again... just a little COMMON SENSE. :lol:

Listen MR YOU THINK YOU KNOW FOOTBALL!

There was no cruise control or trying to run clock, I was there seen the play calls and heard the frustration from the Hills coaching staff! Get a clue and you use common sense when you talk about games you have know idea about! Just keep sitting in the stands and try and figure out what is cruise control and what is trying to get max points! And enjoy the Nachos!

By the way I'm not friends with track06 but sounds like a nice common sense guy!