Ravenwood 5-0 vs Centennial 6-0

LoveForTheGame

Who has the best defense? Somebody give us a scouting report on the defenses? Any players on the D's getting any offers from colleges? 411 anybody?

Centennial LB Dodson is 6-2/225 and missed the first three games with an injury.  They gave up 21 to Overton and 23 to Brentwood (6 in OT) but have given up 30 in the three games he's played.  20 of those were against Summit that included a KO return and a late score versus the backups.  He is a jr so I don't know if he's gotten any looks but he is physical and his return certainly made an impact on their D.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only tell you what I've seen from Ravenwood and what I've heard from Centennial.  I'll start with Centennial, I have a friend who has seen them play a couple of times and says that Ravenwood should be able to run the ball against their front seven which would open up the passing attack.  However, their defense has been pretty tight the last couple of weeks on giving up a few scores.  Ravenwood which has no true D1 talent has a handful of kids that could definitely walk on at a small college.  They aren't real big but play fast and really tough.  The first team has only been scored on two times this season, the only other points from opponents have come from special teams or mop up duty by 2nd and 3rd teamers.  They are led by Sr. middle linebacker Jeb Stewart who was the leading tackler a year ago and hasn't let up one bit this season, probably average 12-15 tackles a game.  He is surround by 8 other seniors and 2 juniors.  The d line is not really big but their quickness is amazing and their pursuit of the ball is really good.  The other linebackers beside Stewart are above average.  The safeties are really good, Nick Barton is the quarterback of the defense.  The corners have struggles some this season but have improved as the season has gone on.  I know this is one sided to Ravenwood, so maybe someone could give us the Centennial perspective

Thanks rchman! I figured the Raven defense was a experienced one considering what they did against Independence. My boy coaches at LaVergne and he let me watch the Blackman/Independence game. So I knew if u guys beat Indy the D had to be pretty dang good. If I'm not mistaken u guys held them to 7 points right? With Independence's passing game that's incredible! Someone tell us about the Centennial D?

Centennial's D is best described as solid. Good, hard, team style defense.

But I think CHS's best chance to limit Raven's O will be, to keep them off the field.

I think that RHS's D will limit the big plays, but will have their hands full stopping the 4-5 yard runs. 

This will enable Centennial to put together long and time consuming drives and limit Raven's opportunities to score.

I'm predicting an uncharacteristic low scoring game. 

Centennial's D is best described as solid. Good, hard, team style defense.

But I think CHS's best chance to limit Raven's O will be, to keep them off the field.

I think that RHS's D will limit the big plays, but will have their hands full stopping the 4-5 yard runs. 

This will enable Centennial to put together long and time consuming drives and limit Raven's opportunities to score.

I'm predicting an uncharacteristic low scoring game. 

Thanks Pilgrim! I think your right about Centennial's strategy. Offensive possession time and great Defense is their only chance in this one. But I'm not saying it's not possible because that's exactly what they've been doing all season. This ones going to go to the team that jumps out early. Momentum and To's will decide this game! Good luck to both teams and everyone stay injury free!

My guess:

Ravenwood  31   Centennial  24

The pep rally has been canceled at Ravenwood due to vandalism at Centennial's field. Just a shame that people would purposely damage other schools.

Second year in a row that Ravenwood students have done this to another county school.

Edited by Gunston

Hopefully the culprits will be found. Most Ravenwood student are classy. But not the ones who did the vandalism last night. Most Franklin Students are classy. Not the ones who draped the school flag on Indy's 50-yard line last year. Most Marion County coaches are classy. Not the ones that did the vandalism last year before the South Pitt game. When things like this happen, it ruins entire schools' reputations.