What's happened to Polk?

beardog

Word is starting QB up and quit a few weeks ago, long time fans saying they quit when they get behind. Noticed in the paper the blue P's have been removed from the helmets for the ND game. Appears Davis has finally bleed the well dry (little league talent) and after 15yrs is going to have to start rebuilding. Sad to see really, the Wildcats rep in the community when Jeff Williams was there was bad. 3-7 was a good year back then. Hope the cats don't start down that road again, once they do kids coming up will not want to play in highschool. Anyone know how things are going in Benton?

Edited by beardog

Coach Davis is a great coach and will get it turned around. Just really young this year then the injury bug has hit Polk hard this year the last two weeks the whole starting o-line has been out. When you are as long as they are and then all these injuries hurts. Grew up watching the Wildcats and was a freshman Coach Davis first year as Head Coach. Be a year or two and Polk should be back to being Polk.

Folks just need to settle down. All good programs have down years. Problem is when you have the down years, support for these teams starts to dwindle. Got to remember that these are still very young kids. Not teaching them a good lesson by becoming disgruntled and less supportive. Not saying that's whats happening here, just saying that does not need to happen. Never give up.

Folks just need to settle down. All good programs have down years. Problem is when you have the down years, support for these teams starts to dwindle. Got to remember that these are still very young kids. Not teaching them a good lesson by becoming disgruntled and less supportive. Not saying that's whats happening here, just saying that does not need to happen. Never give up.

I agree. I was on the '99 team that Williams coached that went 0-10. We traveled well and home games where still crowded. I had heard from a family member that the polk fans lately haven't been coming to watch games. They have had 14 good years of football I can't believe they have that many fair weather fans now.

I know at the beginning of last season a few players where dismissed from the team and haven't returned. They would be (starters) juniors and seniors now and a few of the most talented players. One would prob be the starting TB right now. I dunno what happened I've never heard the reason.

That happenned to us this year. A key player was dismissed. Kind of changed the game a bit. At this level, if you lose a key player or 2, it can really change your season. Generally the dismissals are for good reasons though, and healthier for the team in the long run.