Blackman

shady04

Why is it that all the Cookeville fans are talking about how they dont get any respect. Blackman may be one of the best teams in the state and yet all you here about is Riverdale. Some people are still picking Cookeville to win even though Blackman is coming off of a 42-6 win against FCHS, a game that many thought was going to be close. All that people are looking at is our 3 looses, sure they were bad, but look at some of the games we won. Look at the fact that our defense held Chris Grimes (btw, if i was voting for Mr.Football, that dude would get my vote, def. MVP of his team and had been the best back this year in our region, it might have been different if Rico played the whole season) to under 90 yds rushing, yet Grimes had over 200 against Riverdale. So Cookeville you dont thing you are getting respect,well we arent swimming in it over here at Blackman. :x

Hey Cookeville fans, why havent we heard much out of your team this year, i mean like you are having a good season but i havnt heard anything about your players or nothing. Who is your best player, or do you not want to say anything and let it be a surprise?LOL. Oh well i cant wait to come up to the hill friday night, see ya there :rolleyes:

shadyO- You haven't heard much about Cookeville because most have overlooked them due to 2 defeats to teams they should have beaten. Yet they seem to be playing well at the moment. Cookeville has a strong o-line that averages 6'2" 245lbs. A big fullback 6'1" 230, and a deceptive tailback. They also have a young sophmore who runs the ball some who is not afraid to run north and south. Their quarterback has not gotten much press but he does what he needs to do to win.

Their defense is physical with 4 sophmores starting who don't realize they are sophmores.

They do not have one player who will dominate a game, but they do play as a team. They play conservative ball and expect to win in the 4th quarter.

We invite you to Cookeville this Friday evening. A great town and should be a great atmosphere for football.

The reason why you have not heard anything about specific cavalier football standout players is because they get it done as a team. There a hard, physical team and will give any team a good game, plus they never give up. Blackman better be ready to play friday night cause WE READY!

Go get 'em cavs!

[Edited by nelio on 11-12-02 10:02P]

Blackman is a great team, we dont have fans that just jump on at the end of the season when we make it to the playoffs. We have fans that stay with the team through the whole season. The Cookeville fans are as stupid as the FCHS fans. I went to there side to find and old friend and was yelled at and cussed at by the parents and the fans. I hope to see more respect from the Cookeville fans. It is going to be a great game. ;)

Are you kidding me? I cant believe you would make such a bold comment about the CHS w/o knowing us at all. We are some of the most loyal fans in the state. We cheer harder nver miss any game and are with our team through thick and thin no matter what, even our coaches and players call us a major contributer to our teams success this year, like a 12th man. So for you too speak out blindly about our fans and call us stupid and that we only are there for our team when things are going good in the playoffs is totally false and an extremely ignorant thing for you to say.