seeding criteria for individuals

coyotewrestlingclub

1) Head to Head Competition – If two wrestlers have wrestled more than once and one has a better record

against opponent, the higher seed goes to the wrestler with the most wins. If two wrestlers have identical

records against each other the higher seed goes to the wrestler with the most recent win. NOTE: under

extenuating circumstances, such as injury default, etc. record against common opponents should also be

considered.

2) Record against common opponents – multiple losses or wins against the same opponent count as one win

or one loss (1-0, 1-1, 0-1)

3) Returning state place winner at same weight (order of place)

4) Returning state place winner at any weight (order of place)

5) Returning region place winner at same weight (order of place)

6) Returning region place winner at any weight (order of place)

7) Winning percentage – percentages recorded in thousands (no rounding)

8) Coin flip

If there is a three or four-way tie, eliminate one and return to the top of the criteria with the remaining

wrestlers.

Maybe??

There is no formal "seeding criteria for the regional tournament" for all regions. Each region uses their own that is agreed upon before the seeding meeting. The one posted above, however, is somewhat typical. Good luck having the all coaches actually use it once the meeting begins.

Edited by russianbear

If a kid has a shot at top 6 in state, it shouldn't

matter his seed at Regionals. Very unlikely to

factor in his placement. Still got to beat the

competition to get gold. Matters not what round

you meet or if in upper or lower bracket.

At State . . .

Regional Champ faces 4th place finisher from another region.

Second place finisher faces 3rd place finisher from another region.

The advantage of seeding at state goes to the Regional Champ this year that placed last year. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by HSDAD

C. Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. In

order to be placed, a wrestler must be a regional champion and must have been a state place finisher

during his high school career. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Separate all state champions (includes state champions from other states).

2. The following criteria shall be used to separate state champions: (a) state champion at same weight,

(B) state champion at higher weight, © state champion at lower weight. (If there are two state

champions at the same weight the state champion from Tennessee will receive the higher seed.)

3. Follow the same procedure as #2 above for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place from previous

year,

4. Items #2 and #3 shall be applied in order to wrestlers who placed in the state tournament two years

prior.

5. Blind draw.

If a kid has a shot at top 6 in state, it shouldn't

matter his seed at Regionals. Very unlikely to

factor in his placement. Still got to beat the

competition to get gold. Matters not what round

you meet or if in upper or lower bracket.

I disagree with this.  Too many times I see 2 and 3 seeds beat heck out of each other and not have much left in the tank for the 1 seed who easily beat the 4.  I think if I am a 2 or 3, I'd rather be given the 4.  JMO

I agree with HSDad. If your good enough to place in the top 6 seeding doesn't matter. By the time state arrives u should have wrestled tons of matches and be in good enough shape not to be tired no matter whom u wrestle. At the end of the day, if ur good enough at the end you'll be in contention.

Edited by fooseball96