2015 6AAA

PIONEERS12

Hey wrongway!  Sorry you all didn't take down Rhea County.  That would have been big for us as well.  You know Rhea be us for our first loss of the season, 5-6 in ten innings.  We will play them again tonight and hope we can take them down by more than one run for the tie-breaker. 

I have to admit, you all had a good season and did better than many predicted.  I can't believe you all were picked to finish last - with your hitters and that pitcher.  Your pitcher has a great change up and you have some big time hitters.  Looks like the coach has done a good job to come in and get those kids focused and ready to play. 

The tourney starts on Friday!  What are your thoughts?  I mean, I think it will come down to Rhea Co and Cookeville, but anybody can be beat on a given night - it will be hard for those two teams to be beat twice without a fight.  Warren will probably be the next team to fight and not give up.  I don't see any of the others, Cumberland, Stone and White doing anything in the tournament. Probably two and done!  

Would like to hear others opinions - no one has really done any talking this year.  Come on 6AAA!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular season wrapped up!  Bring on Tourney!

Going down to Rhea County for the tournament.....

We just got a wake up call from Rhea Co with our first loss in the District, but we are awake now and spanked them hard last night 8-0.  So we have the Regular Season Championship because we beat them by more runs than they beat us.  

As far as I know the way the District finished is:

Cookeville  9-1

Rhea Co  9-1

Warren Co 5-5

White Co 3-7

Stone 3-7

Cumberland Co 1-9

If I am wrong, please let me know!

Games start tonight and I am ready for a good tourney.  I think we have a pretty good chance in the region with Cookeville and Rhea Co representing.

Well, I just watched the first game of the tourney, and after boredom set in, I was ready to go back home. Stone played White Co and White Co should have just stayed home. This was a ridiculous one sided game. White Co started out bad, with five errors in the field. So they were behind before their pitcher could get warm, 5-2. After White Co changed pitchers, the cannons started for Stone. They had their way with this pitcher scoring the next 13 runs in a rout of White Co 18-7. This White Co team was lazy and a lot of them had bad attitudes and it wasted my time and money to come watch them play! A poor game. I left and went to eat,

Looks like I am the only one posting on this site for this district.  

I guess no one else has the guts to really say what they think.......

This is a poor district all around, except for Cookeville and Rhea County, to be honest.  No other team would be able to compete in the region except for these two. So I don't see anyone winning but one of these.  

Heard this district chose Conference All Season Players.  Not sure how anyone off of the Stone, Cumberland and White Co teams received any award unless their coaches chose them, because believe me, nobody off a team that won only 1 game, or three games in this district deserved any award.  It is ashame a player from Cookeville, Rhea, and Warren didn't make the All Season award to just give one to a player who does not deserve it.  Looks like we have settled to just give trophies to everyone who plays like they do for children who are 5 and 6. 

So as long as we hand a trophy to a kid or recognize a kid for making 30 errors over the season, or beating the last place team, or batting 200, or having 15 runs scored on you, we will continue to tell these girls it is ok to play like crap because they do not have to perform to a higher level as long as we have those coaches who choose players for honors they do not deserve.

Cookeville and Rhea Co and Warren Co could have filled every spot on the All Conference Regular Season team and maybe those others coaches could have realized they need to do something different to congratulate their team for pitiful play.

Edited by softballtheonlygame

Well I'm not scared to speak my mine I jus don't like talkin bout other kids. However the only thing I seen out of Cumberland is a bunch of whining begging coaches and parents that want every call to go ther way. The beg every call til sooner or later those useless umps wod give them a call. That being said my daughter didn't play as well as I thought she shod have but ther is more to blame for that than jus her but I know it starts with her. It jus hurts to get beat by a team that has only 3 district wins all season but with only 3 hits in a ball game u can't expect to win

How ya doin ryan665!

Don't get me wrong, I will speak my mind - I am not trying to talk about other kids, but doggone it, some of them are so lazy and have pathetic attitudes, I get sick of going to my kids games, just because of the other kids.  I will not use names, and if someone gets their feelings hurt because something is mentioned about coaches who do not have the guts to stand up for what needs to be done to a lazy bum kid then thats how it is.  As I say, grow a pair.....

And for one of our kids that has batted over 500 for the regular season to not get an All District nod, and for another one off a team that has won 3 games, never gotten a hit in the 6 games I watched and have 14 runs scored on them on the mound, then somebody in the coaching ranks needs to watch a game because that is pathetic.  

As for tonights games, Rhea Co took us down last night, so we have to play ball tonight and hope for a rematch against Rhea. 

I understand ur frustration mine was one of the two that got the all district nod from warren county and I'll be the first to tell u I don't think either one deserved it now my daughter did lead our team in batting and most of the other offense categories and done fairly well on defense but I'm sure ther were others more deserving.

Good luck tonight

I'm sure your kid deserve all conference! Warren Co had some real tough hitters and played good defense. I have no issue with Warren Co picks.

I want to Congratulate Rhea Co for becoming District Champions tonight - they played very good. Their hustle and determination were key!!! They were the better team three of four times we played them.