Smyrna hires Bud Brandon-Oh the irony...

Metroman

http://archive.theleafchronicle.com/article/20080229/SPORTS01/802290361/Lady-Bulldogs-clinch-Region-5-AAA-title

I couldn't find the old article in the Tennessean, but I have posted a link to the article in the Clarksville paper.  This story doesn't really get into the controversy of the game, but Region 5-AAA had to move their region final because of snow.  Region 6-AAA played and McGavock upset Hillsboro.  Coach Brandon didn't want to face the two Harrison girls (Deedee and Isabella) so he appeared to intentionally lose the game versus Smyrna.  In the Tennessean article, it said Coach Wiley (now at Central Magnet) was yelling down to the Smyrna bench to get them to play, but Coach Brandon just smiled.  I may have my facts a bit mixed up, but that was the general tone of the article.

Both teams went on to win in the substate and Wilson Central won the state. 

Edited by Metroman

http://archive.theleafchronicle.com/article/20080229/SPORTS01/802290361/Lady-Bulldogs-clinch-Region-5-AAA-title

I couldn't find the old article in the Tennessean, but I have posted a link to the article in the Clarksville paper.  This story doesn't really get into the controversy of the game, but Region 5-AAA had to move their region final because of snow.  Region 6-AAA played and McGavock upset Hillsboro.  Coach Brandon didn't want to face the two Harrison girls (Deedee and Isabella) so he appeared to intentionally lose the game versus Smyrna.  In the Tennessean article, it said Coach Wiley (now at Central Magnet) was yelling down to the Smyrna bench to get them to play, but Coach Brandon just smiled.  I may have my facts a bit mixed up, but that was the general tone of the article.

Both teams went on to win in the substate and Wilson Central won the state. 

So you are saying that this is a good fit for Smyrna or any of the other Murfreesboro schools... LOL! WOW! 

Exactly. Corey Barrett has applied for many jobs and some won't even talk to him. I am not saying it was right what Coach Barrett did but I also don't think it should have been blown up either. Will he get a head coaching job this year? I can't believe a  school hasn't bit the bullet and hired him.