Week one games.

Playerscoach

I should have clarified that my post was "tongue-in-cheek"! I've had at least one kiddo on the team for the last 6 years and I am so proud of how the program has progressed! We have a fairly strong (and wonderful) group of girls and it should be a fun season to watch! I wish we could have played some stronger competition to begin the season as in prior years (Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, etc.) but I guess 5 clean sheets to start the year (even against weaker opponents) ain't too shabby!

I agree. David Braemer is a good friend of mine and my daughter plays at TSC with his oldest daughter. I follow them as well as the schools that have my daughters TSC teammates (Ravenwood, Franklin, Centennial, USN, DCA, CPA, Oakland,Blackmon).

Once again, good luck!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricky stuff (and I'm still trying to figure out how I missed all these Ensworth posts). Concerning this past weekend, we were invited at basically the last minute by Sycamore's brand-new coach, who inherited an incomplete tournament from the prior coach and was scrambling to fill it. I know I would have appreciated someone jumping in in that situation, so we did. The advantage to us was being able to play on a wider field, playing no single field player for more than half of any game -- aside from a few outside backs -- and getting some game experience for some players who would really benefit. We played all three games in one day, so basically no field player played more than 120 minutes for the day. That is the totality of what I take away from it, and I made a couple of new acquaintances in the high school coaching world who either said they wanted to play us again or who wanted us to return next year. 

I fully realize that we will be evaluated by our performance against our D2 opponents, and we still have to play Clarksville, who beat us 6-0 last year. Concerning scheduling in general, I don't think we (Ensworth) are in a position not to respond to invitations to play or not acknowledge prompt responses to general invitations to play. Brandy Gagliano asked me on October 30, 2014 if we wanted to play this season. Once that started, I believed we needed to go ahead and book games as they came in. It's all good -- we have a nice mix of opponents overall. Last season we had the most difficult schedule in D2 according to the CoachT metric, and we learned how to compete and deal with losing several close games. I hope that we will learn some different lessons this season. I just feel fortunate that I am working with a great group of kids.

Just had to throw it out there that Ensworth travelled to Chattanooga for a mid week game against powerhouse, GPS and Ensworth won 4-1! Don't want to jinx them, but I believe they are the "real deal" this year with a very talented squad and an amazing coaching staff!!

GPS? Powerhouse? Not this year. In the past, yes. GPS is struggling mightily this year. They were handled by Briarcrest (very good team) and barely beat Bartlett. Ensworth is a good team and has quality talent with quality coaches, but I would not get ahead of myself. IMO, I think Ensworth is around 4th or 5th best team in the state in Division II. Still early, so things could change, but Briarcrest, Harpeth Hall, Baylor, Father Ryan, and then you can throw Ensworth in the mix with teams with Brentwood Academy and JPII. DII AA is Briarcrest's to lose.

GPS? Powerhouse? Not this year. In the past, yes. GPS is struggling mightily this year. They were handled by Briarcrest (very good team) and barely beat Bartlett. Ensworth is a good team and has quality talent with quality coaches, but I would not get ahead of myself. IMO, I think Ensworth is around 4th or 5th best team in the state in Division II. Still early, so things could change, but Briarcrest, Harpeth Hall, Baylor, Father Ryan, and then you can throw Ensworth in the mix with teams with Brentwood Academy and JPII. DII AA is Briarcrest's to lose.

4th or 5th huh?? We'll see. In the 6 years that I have somewhat followed this program, this is by far the best team (talent wise) as a whole that Ensworth has put forth. HH lost all their big scorers, FR lost one their best returning players to a knee injury and who knows about the rest. Just a proudpapa enjoying a great high school soccer year! It's a great break from the travel season!

4th or 5th huh?? We'll see. In the 6 years that I have somewhat followed this program, this is by far the best team (talent wise) as a whole that Ensworth has put forth. HH lost all their big scorers, FR lost one their best returning players to a knee injury and who knows about the rest. Just a proudpapa enjoying a great high school soccer year! It's a great break from the travel season!

Hunt is the straw that stirs the drink at FRA and it's by a wide margin. They have some pretty good HS players around her but she's truly a great HS player.

HH was .500 last year after winning it all the year before. Now they've grown some and are better. They also don't have a freshman who's and ECNL and top drawer recognized back.

Hunt is the straw that stirs the drink at FRA and it's by a wide margin. They have some pretty good HS players around her but she's truly a great HS player.

HH was .500 last year after winning it all the year before. Now they've grown some and are better. They also don't have a freshman who's and ECNL and top drawer recognized back.

Thanks for the info on FRA but not sure that has any relevance to Div II (AA) and they are not even on Ensworth's schedule. Likewise, not sure what your last sentence pertaining to HH even means. Anyway, just providing a little support for my kiddo's team (as I am sure the rest of you fellas are doing) and looking forward to the ride!!

Thanks for the info on FRA but not sure that has any relevance to Div II (AA) and they are not even on Ensworth's schedule. Likewise, not sure what your last sentence pertaining to HH even means. Anyway, just providing a little support for my kiddo's team (as I am sure the rest of you fellas are doing) and looking forward to the ride!!

Well impact you mentioned HH losing players and I added that they have some talent and are better. The FRA comment was made due to your FR comment. I misread your comment and thought it said FRA.

Ryan is doing well I've heard. There's a 5'11" freshmen center back that's very good in that team.

I'll know more about Ensworth when I see David B. at our daughters soccer games. Good luck!