Shelbyville 4-0 @ LaVergne 3-1

oldfan41

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 very athletic teams. A lot of speed on both sides. I think it comes down to coaching in this one and I give the advantage to shelbyville. I like lavergne's team but it alway seams like they come up short in the end.

Yea I'll take Shelbyville in this one. LaVergne is a decent 6A team playing down in 5A.. Never have understood that one..

2 very athletic teams. A lot of speed on both sides. I think it comes down to coaching in this one and I give the advantage to shelbyville. I like lavergne's team but it alway seams like they come up short in the end.

p75g I like what u had to say about both teams I have to agree! With that said I think the Wolverines are one of the most talented teams at almost every position I ever have seen but like u I sometimes question some of the coaches decisions. With that said if LaVergne makes the plays they're supposed to make they win this game going away!

LaVergne 40  Shelbyville 20

As much as I would love to say Hardy gets the win I am going to have to say Stevens boys pull this one out.  Lavergne just has too many athletes for the Eagles to contain.  Yes I know Shelbyville is very athletic too, but they have not seen the type of team athleticism that the Wolverines bring to the table.  It is not like playing Franklin County, Columbia, Lincoln County, and Tullahoma.  Lavergne is a different bread all together. 

Lavergne 36- Shelbyville 20

Shelbyville has play makers all over the place thats why they changed the D up to get all them in the game And there o very smart QB they have very two good RBs that can score at anytime WRs are real good it comes down to who wants it more

Shelbyville 35 LaVergen 28

Thanks for telling us a little about the Eagles! The game film on hudl wasn't very telling both teams were very weak!

As much as I would love to say Hardy gets the win I am going to have to say Stevens boys pull this one out.  Lavergne just has too many athletes for the Eagles to contain.  Yes I know Shelbyville is very athletic too, but they have not seen the type of team athleticism that the Wolverines bring to the table.  It is not like playing Franklin County, Columbia, Lincoln County, and Tullahoma.  Lavergne is a different bread all together. 

Lavergne 36- Shelbyville 20

That's pretty accurate.  I think Shelbyville probably is equal in the skill set.   I'd take Cunningham over most quarterbacks in the Mid-State.   He's a talented kid that uses his head.   He doesn't force the ball and now understands the importance of throwing the ball away if nothing is there.   He won't beat you with poor decisions.   Eddings is as good as any tailback in the state.  Big, strong, and fast.    Centa Muse is a game changer.  Also been getting excellent play from O.J. Davis and Jamel Hardin. 

I expect the difference in this game will come in the trenches.   Shelbyville hasn't seen an athlete anywhere near the caliber of Maleik Gray.  He's a beast!  I expect to see a whole lot of quick passes in the flat to try and counter what I expect to be more of pass rush than the Shelbyville line can handle.   Mason won't have much time so hopefully Shelbyville kept that in mind when game planning this week.   If the Eagles can force a couple of turnovers and win that stat line, they can win the game.   I think if Lavergne executes on offense and plays without mistakes, they win the game.

Edited by FreeAgent11

That's pretty accurate.  I think Shelbyville probably is equal in the skill set.   I'd take Cunningham over most quarterbacks in the Mid-State.   He's a talented kid that uses his head.   He doesn't force the ball and now understands the importance of throwing the ball away if nothing is there.   He won't beat you with poor decisions.   Eddings is as good as any tailback in the state.  Big, strong, and fast.    Centa Muse is a game changer.  Also been getting excellent play from O.J. Davis and Jamel Hardin. 

I expect the difference in this game will come in the trenches.   Shelbyville hasn't seen an athlete anywhere near the caliber of Maleik Gray.  He's a beast!  I expect to see a whole lot of quick passes in the flat to try and counter what I expect to be more of pass rush than the Shelbyville line can handle.   Mason won't have much time so hopefully Shelbyville kept that in mind when game planning this week.   If the Eagles can force a couple of turnovers and win that stat line, they can win the game.   I think if Lavergne executes on offense and plays without mistakes, they win the game.

As bad as I hate to say it I think Shelbyville will have to play a PERFECT game and force some Lavergne mistakes in order to pull it out