Warren Co. @ Riverdale

PIONEERS12

Wonder just how many players actually quit for riverdale this week and how many it would take for warren to compete with them. Sounds like the dale has a ton of problems and it starts "in the stands"

Players don't quit because of the stands. Its the disconnect from this coach and his my way or the highway attitude. What is coming from the stand is the displeasure of how their kids are being coached. The quiting of players was just a rumor. No one has quit. The players are very frustrated being beat up having to play both ways then getting called out because they can handle it when there are capable players sitting on the bench who aren't even getting a chance. Here is an example, you a the smallest nose guard in the league getting run over week after week when they have a capable junior at 6'3 260 sitting the bench. Also the QB Bea has accounted for 80% of the scoring by passing but the coach keep him on the bench because he " "doesn't fit" his scheme yet after a first quarter of no offense he plugs him in to bail him out . A good coach uses his players to the best of their ability no matter what your scheme is. This kid is good and is being looked at by many division 1 schools but isn't being used to his ability. The frustration has been coming now for years of decline with this head coach. Even a blind fan could see its time for a change..

Players don't quit because of the stands. Its the disconnect from this coach and his my way or the highway attitude. What is coming from the stand is the displeasure of how their kids are being coached. The quiting of players was just a rumor. No one has quit. The players are very frustrated being beat up having to play both ways then getting called out because they can handle it when there are capable players sitting on the bench who aren't even getting a chance. Here is an example, you a the smallest nose guard in the league getting run over week after week when they have a capable junior at 6'3 260 sitting the bench. Also the QB Bea has accounted for 80% of the scoring by passing but the coach keep him on the bench because he " "doesn't fit" his scheme yet after a first quarter of no offense he plugs him in to bail him out . A good coach uses his players to the best of their ability no matter what your scheme is. This kid is good and is being looked at by many division 1 schools but isn't being used to his ability. The frustration has been coming now for years of decline with this head coach. Even a blind fan could see its time for a change..

Or to look at it another way, the kid is tired of hearing daddy talk about how dumb his coach is and how much more he knows about the game even though he probably didn't make it past middle school playing, so the kid finds a way to make his dad happy and quits the team.  I would venture to say there are a great number of coaches that it is "my way or the highway"  I doubt you would be very successful as a coach if you where not that way.  I would hate to see a program of a coach that changed what they did according to how the wind blew that day, or even what makes the "FANS" happy.  Did you ever think there might be a reason certain kids don't play.  Just cause you are big does not mean you can play, and just cause you can throw does not mean you can take charge of a huddle and lead an offense. But I am sure you have the years of experience that the people who make these decisions every day do.  How many times have you gotten a group of 15-18 year old kids to do anything, much less work as a collective group towards a common goal with people telling them how dumb you are for trying to do things a certain way just because you do it differently than the guy before you who may have possibly but never proven broken a rule here or there to do so? 

Or to look at it another way, the kid is tired of hearing daddy talk about how dumb his coach is and how much more he knows about the game even though he probably didn't make it past middle school playing, so the kid finds a way to make his dad happy and quits the team.  I would venture to say there are a great number of coaches that it is "my way or the highway"  I doubt you would be very successful as a coach if you where not that way.  I would hate to see a program of a coach that changed what they did according to how the wind blew that day, or even what makes the "FANS" happy.  Did you ever think there might be a reason certain kids don't play.  Just cause you are big does not mean you can play, and just cause you can throw does not mean you can take charge of a huddle and lead an offense. But I am sure you have the years of experience that the people who make these decisions every day do.  How many times have you gotten a group of 15-18 year old kids to do anything, much less work as a collective group towards a common goal with people telling them how dumb you are for trying to do things a certain way just because you do it differently than the guy before you who may have possibly but never proven broken a rule here or there to do so? 

Its evident you are not and have not ever been a part of this program or any successful program anywhere. You come across as the "lets all give them a hug and a trophy crowd" competition is the real world and striving for the best should be a goal for everyone....I would bet you've never put on a set of pads in your life other than the one between you legs!!

Edited by warrior82dad

Its evident you are not and have not ever been a part of this program or any successful program anywhere. You come across as the "lets all give them a hug and a trophy crowd" competition is the real world and striving for the best should be a goal for everyone....I would bet you've never put on a set of pads in your life other than the one between you legs!!

Guess you got it all figured out.  It is pointless to respond to your idiotic ramblings so I will not respond to you again.  That being said I am neither female nor do I feel everyone should get a trophy.  I do however feel that when the so called fans let it be known to a 15-18 year old kid that the man they are supposed to listen to is supposedly a bad coach then that causes problems larger than any coach ever could.  I expect high standards, but I think there is a right way to do things and a wrong way.  I do find it funny that you are upset because coach A has a my way or the highway attitude, but when anyone disagrees with you, you revert to name calling.  I have been around many good programs and have been involved in molding many great young men in my years, but I would not expect you to understand that.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the season and maybe next year you can get exactly what you want out of a coach so the rest of us can finally not have to listen to your mindless drivel.

Guess you got it all figured out.  It is pointless to respond to your idiotic ramblings so I will not respond to you again.  That being said I am neither female nor do I feel everyone should get a trophy.  I do however feel that when the so called fans let it be known to a 15-18 year old kid that the man they are supposed to listen to is supposedly a bad coach then that causes problems larger than any coach ever could.  I expect high standards, but I think there is a right way to do things and a wrong way.  I do find it funny that you are upset because coach A has a my way or the highway attitude, but when anyone disagrees with you, you revert to name calling.  I have been around many good programs and have been involved in molding many great young men in my years, but I would not expect you to understand that.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the season and maybe next year you can get exactly what you want out of a coach so the rest of us can finally not have to listen to your mindless drivel.

Figures, you wouldn't have an answer....there are real supporters and those who just support with their mouths..