Wk. 7 Region 7 – 5A

pilgrim

This is another very interesting week.

Brentwood (3-3 / 3-0) @ West Creek (0-6 / 0-3)

Centennial (5-1 / 3-0) vs. Clarksville (5-1 / 2-1)

Dickson County (2-4 / 0-3) vs. Northeast (2-4 / 0-3)

Henry County (5-1 / 3-0) vs. Rossview (4-2 / 1-2)

Only 4 weeks left of the regular season.

3 teams are 0-3 in the district and most likely are out of the playoff hunt and it looks like week 10 will have huge match-ups between the top 4 teams, unless Rossview can work their way back into it with a win over Henry County or Centennial.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched these highlights and was quite impressed with Henry.  Not saying Clarksville is not good, just that Henry Co. was that much better.

The one thing I did notice was that was the worst looking football field for a game being played in September that I have ever seen.

CHS football was in some really bad and negligent hands for the years prior to Coach Shelby and the field is representative of how the entire program was when he took over.

A large part was due to the exclusion of a very dedicated alumni. But all that has changed and the entire field will be replaced at the end of the season thanks to our alumni. CHS has the support to have the Henry County type of facilities, but it is just a matter of one step at a time.

I watched these highlights and was quite impressed with Henry.  Not saying Clarksville is not good, just that Henry Co. was that much better.

Clarksville will get a second chance at determining how good they are against Centennial this week. I think the CHS vs. CHS game will make for great game film for HC to review going into their last game.

CHS football was in some really bad and negligent hands for the years prior to Coach Shelby and the field is representative of how the entire program was when he took over.

A large part was due to the exclusion of a very dedicated alumni. But all that has changed and the entire field will be replaced at the end of the season thanks to our alumni. CHS has the support to have the Henry County type of facilities, but it is just a matter of one step at a time.

Good to hear.  

Good athletics, especially football, is good for the school, community, kids, everybody.

Pilgrim,

Just one question.  If the field was left in bad shape before your current coach got there and hes been there 2 years, why would you have to get help from an alumni to get the field fixed/  When I played, the coaches always worked on the field and painted it and mowed it.  Do coaches in Clarksville not keep the fields in good playing conditions?

Pilgrim,

Just one question.  If the field was left in bad shape before your current coach got there and hes been there 2 years, why would you have to get help from an alumni to get the field fixed/  When I played, the coaches always worked on the field and painted it and mowed it.  Do coaches in Clarksville not keep the fields in good playing conditions?

We tried to maintain the field until we could fix it right, while also fixing so many other immediate needs. Part of the problem is that we share it with Boys & Girls Soccer and the band. These groups not only play on it, they practice on it too.

So part of our plan was to add lights and improve our practice field so we could stay off the game field. Then we had to invest on improving a field for the band to practice on. (Long story, but yes we got extorted from the band).

Part of our field renovation will be widening another athletic area for our soccer programs. It's the only way too get them off the game field.

We actually will bring in new dirt, add a crown, and new sod. It will be a pretty major and costly project.

We tried to maintain the field until we could fix it right, while also fixing so many other immediate needs. Part of the problem is that we share it with Boys & Girls Soccer and the band. These groups not only play on it, they practice on it too.

So part of our plan was to add lights and improve our practice field so we could stay off the game field. Then we had to invest on improving a field for the band to practice on. (Long story, but yes we got extorted from the band).

Part of our field renovation will be widening another athletic area for our soccer programs. It's the only way too get them off the game field.

We actually will bring in new dirt, add a crown, and new sod. It will be a pretty major and costly project.

Your field has been in bad shape since the Mud Bowl in 2006 vs. Springfield. It was torn to pieces that night.I feel your pain about the other groups using the field. They remind me of hogs killing everything living on a field.

Edited by LETMETELLYOUWHAT