Hardin Valley @ Bradley Central

alt1958

Pretty much agree, and Coach Floyd said the same on the post game. Thing is keep wanting to run that "HEAVY" package out of shotgun and it's not working very well. That is one play that needs to get put on the page of the pay book. We have passed a couple of times out of that formation and been wide open tho.

But I will simply say this; Spread formations with shotgun line up is not a good offense for short yardage. You either get under center or you stay with the normal alignment.

I've never been a fan of shotgun in short yardage situations. Bradley needs to develop a consistent running game, with a running back. I'm not a big fan of the empty backfield sets and running that QB draw so often.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Bears last night.  Haven't seen the Hawks since week 3, but they were impressive at skill positions. Like I said in another thread, how they're 4-4 is really surprising to me.  I had a feeling you guys would be able to throw the ball on them, as we had success, but your defense really stepped up it seems.  

Congrats to the Bears last night. Haven't seen the Hawks since week 3, but they were impressive at skill positions. Like I said in another thread, how they're 4-4 is really surprising to me. I had a feeling you guys would be able to throw the ball on them, as we had success, but your defense really stepped up it seems.

Thanks! Our defense had to step up last night. Our offense was in lala land most the game. Copeland wasn't Copeland as well. He missed so many way wide open WR and was late on tons of throws. Hope we got that game out of our system!

Congrats to the Bears last night.  Haven't seen the Hawks since week 3, but they were impressive at skill positions. Like I said in another thread, how they're 4-4 is really surprising to me.  I had a feeling you guys would be able to throw the ball on them, as we had success, but your defense really stepped up it seems.  

Our defense has not been all that this season. 3-4 is new to them in the first year, with a new DC. That said you guys scored on two busted coverages that we have not seen that wide open all year.