14 Days and counting down

Hopi

Hamilton Heights is a very talented team. To say that teams should avoid playing them is ridiculous. If you want to play the best teams available & test your team, they're a school that should be on your schedule. Riverdale v Hamilton Heights will be one of the better games in the state all year in terms of talent - it's one I will definitely be in attendance for.

I agree. The best teams should want to play the best teams. A game with Hamilton Heights (boys or girls) only makes a team better and has zero impact on the long term playoff picture. (nothing to lose) I would love to see the Riverdale game as they always seem to be a powerhouse. I hope to see Hamilton Heights just up the road at the Bradley Central Thanksgiving tournament. Supposedly, some very strong teams are coming in for that and Bradley Central has some very good talent that turned in strong performances on the AAU circuit. Maybe these 2 will clash.......

I agree. The best teams should want to play the best teams. A game with Hamilton Heights (boys or girls) only makes a team better and has zero impact on the long term playoff picture. (nothing to lose) I would love to see the Riverdale game as they always seem to be a powerhouse. I hope to see Hamilton Heights just up the road at the Bradley Central Thanksgiving tournament. Supposedly, some very strong teams are coming in for that and Bradley Central has some very good talent that turned in strong performances on the AAU circuit. Maybe these 2 will clash.......

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. NO team should ever play them. If those kids would go to the schools they are zoned for and not all gather at HH then Chattanooga basketball would be much better as a whole. Its the parents that cant stand to compete in an apple to apple contest that cause this. Again NO one should schedule such an opponent. Its high school basketball not AAU. Thats where the players can choose where they play. Everyone else has to play by TSSAA rules but HH dont.

I'm glad I could start a Hamilton Heights topic for haters and the non haters.

I am glad I could help you all to get this out in the open.

I couldn't give a rats behind who they are and who they play. 

I just wanted to know who was excited about the season starting next week. geeezzzzzzz I guess we'll never know since everyone thought this was for HH

Won't completely disagree. Riverdale will arguably be the best team in the state. Hamilton Heights is better than when you saw them last tho, I will guarantee that.

I know they have picked up some great players, but the girls from Riverdale I believe have grown up and will start another dynasty this year. HH might get them early in this season but by the end if the season I believe Riverdale rolls to a state championship unless Crystal can stop them. Oakland will be good too

• Upvote 1

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. NO team should ever play them. If those kids would go to the schools they are zoned for and not all gather at HH then Chattanooga basketball would be much better as a whole. Its the parents that cant stand to compete in an apple to apple contest that cause this. Again NO one should schedule such an opponent. Its high school basketball not AAU. Thats where the players can choose where they play. Everyone else has to play by TSSAA rules but HH dont.

Sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve. My intent was to promote some of the talent in the area. HH and Baylor (privates) both draw from other schools. One does it within TSSAA the other doesn't. Both have good (next level) players. Is it different to play Baylor or McCallie because they are in TSSAA? While kids may move toward certain successful programs it is hard to blame them. If the goal is to play at the next level why wouldn't a kid go where they had the best opportunity to be seen and successful? Also keep in mind that kids move to the better public schools as well. (Rutherford Co.) It is certainly not just a private or non member school problem only. IMO a family should always do what is best for their individual situation. I agree with you that the Chatt area is somewhat watered down. The good teams in our area (boys and girls) are very good but there are very few that can compete at the state level. I think you will continue to see this trend of moving to certain schools as kids desire to win championships and get exposure.

Back to the topic now.....

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I expect the gym to be full with College Coaches for this one. Numerous prospects on both teams. Have any of the Riverdale girls committed yet? Chattanooga news has announced at least one from HH a couple months ago. Harris to TTU.

Caroline Patrick (my daughter) from Riverdale signs a full scholarship with Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida on Wed. She is the only Sr I know that is signing early. It is a young team but it has a tremendous amount of talent in the 9th-11th grades, with several nationally ranked players in 10th-11th. They should be really good and fun to watch for years to come. The HH vs Riverdale game will be a really good game. I watched HH play this weekend. They have some good players.