D-IIA East Seeding

CoachHolly7

CAK ring a bell?

Bell rung. :thumb:

Who were those other powerful non-district/non-d2 games...??

What were their combined records...??

You can only manufacture so many wins on your schedule.

And if I'm not mistaken, which I may be, Ezell was supposed to be in the CAK slot originally...

Edited by Sackmaster50

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were those other powerful non-district/non-d2 games...??

And if I'm not mistaken, which I may be, Ezell was supposed to be in the CAK slot originally...

You are mistaken. Webb plays CAK every year and up until this year always beat them like a drum. The other tough scheduled games are 3A Powerhouse Alcoa and 5A one loss Oak Ridge.

Throwing out this year Webb always plays top competition out of the division and always aha them well if not beat them outside of Maryville.

Edited by Spartan4Life

As far as the division Webb plays in. Webb didn't decide to play down. They played where they were placed.

The two years Webb played in the big division Webb went 5-7 in conference games. Of those 7 losses Webb was leading 5 of the 7 going into the fourth quarter. So don't act like they just got dominated.

Division II-AA is the most competitive division in the state. I dare anyone to state otherwise. The numbers of the students in that division mean absolutely nothing because many of those schools actively recruit. Unfortunfley Webb does not and it becomes more obvious every year with less and less players coming out to play.

Numbers only matter If it transfers to roster numbers. Yes Webb has more kids then most Div II-A schools and some Div II-AA schools but when you only dress 30 how much of advantage does that really have against a DIV-II-A opponent? Not much when 90 percent of Webb is full of soft chior boys now as opposed to even 5 years ago.

Schools like Enswoth and BA that you are comparing Webb too have less enrollment then all the 6A and 5A and most 4A schools. That doesn't stop them from fielding more then double of what Webb does. Not to mention most years the top 4 teams in div II-aa could beat any team in the state including the big 6A and 5A teams. So the numbers really don't matter when talking about those top tier schools. If you have 100 boys in the schools and 80 are studs you can beat anyone.

Webb plays where they were placed and bottom line doesn't put the resources and effort that the div II-aa schools do. To compare these schools truly is apple an oranges. Outside of the 2009 State Championship team Webb has failed To field more then 45 players. The past 4 years they have failed to field even 40. Like it or not Webb fits better in Div II-A more so then Div II-AA. Webb just has superior coaching and system then most in the division. Those coaches could coach and win in any classification given the right amount of players.

This years Webb team is the weakest in over a decade. With only 3 returning seniors and fielding 30 players give or take. If Webb somehow wins state this year then that is a reflection on how the rest of the league needs to step it up because this years teams is not the state championship quality past teams have been and a perfect example of why Webb is playing in the division they currently are in.

Who were those other powerful non-district/non-d2 games...??

And if I'm not mistaken, which I may be, Ezell was supposed to be in the CAK slot originally...

So does CAK count or not? You said yes then mentioned Ezell.

I meant to add this early and didnt. Looking back on the schedule there are some teams that have not won many games. The only one that youd know going in was going to have few wins was Lancaster.

Edited by Playerscoach

You are mistaken. Webb plays CAK every year and up until this year always beat them like a drum. The other tough scheduled games are 3A Powerhouse Alcoa and 5A one loss Oak Ridge.

Throwing out this year Webb always plays top competition out of the division and always aha them well if not beat them outside of Maryville.

READING COMPREHENSION > you

As far as the division Webb plays in. Webb didn't decide to play down. They played where they were placed.

The two years Webb played in the big division Webb went 5-7 in conference games. Of those 7 losses Webb was leading 5 of the 7 going into the fourth quarter. So don't act like they just got dominated.

Division II-AA is the most competitive division in the state. I dare anyone to state otherwise. The numbers of the students in that division mean absolutely nothing because many of those schools actively recruit. Unfortunfley Webb does not and it becomes more obvious every year with less and less players coming out to play.

Numbers only matter If it transfers to roster numbers. Yes Webb has more kids then most Div II-A schools and some Div II-AA schools but when you only dress 30 how much of advantage does that really have against a DIV-II-A opponent? Not much when 90 percent of Webb is full of soft chior boys now as opposed to even 5 years ago.

Schools like Enswoth and BA that you are comparing Webb too have less enrollment then all the 6A and 5A and most 4A schools. That doesn't stop them from fielding more then double of what Webb does. Not to mention most years the top 4 teams in div II-aa could beat any team in the state including the big 6A and 5A teams. So the numbers really don't matter when talking about those top tier schools. If you have 100 boys in the schools and 80 are studs you can beat anyone.

Webb plays where they were placed and bottom line doesn't put the resources and effort that the div II-aa schools do. To compare these schools truly is apple an oranges. Outside of the 2009 State Championship team Webb has failed To field more then 45 players. The past 4 years they have failed to field even 40. Like it or not Webb fits better in Div II-A more so then Div II-AA. Webb just has superior coaching and system then most in the division. Those coaches could coach and win in any classification given the right amount of players.

This years Webb team is the weakest in over a decade. With only 3 returning seniors and fielding 30 players give or take. If Webb somehow wins state this year then that is a reflection on how the rest of the league needs to step it up because this years teams is not the state championship quality past teams have been and a perfect example of why Webb is playing in the division they currently are in.

see my last post above

I meant to add this early and didnt. Looking back on the schedule there are some teams that have not won many games. The only one that youd know going in was going to have few wins was Lancaster.

hence, manufacturing wins statement

I suppose they could have played 9 games like Webb? Would the schedule have looked more challenging if they had?

I completely understand what youre saying but adding CAK when they didnt have to has to account for something?

I suppose they could have played 9 games like Webb?

irrelevant, in my opinion, but noted

Would the schedule have looked more challenging if they had?

what would DCA's record have been by replacing Howard with Alcoa and Jackson Christian with Oak Ridge...?? what ifs, I know, but realistically probably not too good on the W side of the column had they played the likes of those 2 teams

I completely understand what youre saying but adding CAK when they didnt have to has to account for something?

I agree 100%, high quality opponent in CAK would like to see more of them on their schedule.

I suppose they could have played 9 games like Webb?

irrelevant, in my opinion, but noted

Would the schedule have looked more challenging if they had?

what would DCA's record have been by replacing Howard with Alcoa and Jackson Christian with Oak Ridge...?? what ifs, I know, but realistically probably not too good on the W side of the column had they played the likes of those 2 teams

I agree 100%, high quality opponent in CAK would like to see more of them on their schedule.

What would most teams do against Oak Ridge and Alcoa?

I the question inre DCA is whats the benefit of playing three very good non region opponents who very difficult match ups when you have 26 players?

What would most teams do against Oak Ridge and Alcoa?

Probably similar outcome as Webb had, but I think the point is about playing good quality teams to prepare you for what you will see in district play and come playoffs.

I the question inre DCA is whats the benefit of playing three very good non region opponents who very difficult match ups when you have 26 players?

I think the answers can be obvious sometimes as to why there is low participation in football, at any given school, but that is a whole other can of worms to discuss.

Good luck to the Wildcats this Friday(shouldn't need it, but...) and hope you and yours have success.