Houston Co @ Jo Byrns

disciple633

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like the boys kept their intensity up pretty high the whole game. A few blown alignments early on, a couple costly fumbles, and then some poor tackling + one heck of a wedge on kickoff returnTD for CA. Never really a lack of intensity, IMO.

You call it what ever you want. We will have to play better than we did against CA to beat JB.

You call it what ever you want. We will have to play better than we did against CA to beat JB.

I hate to say it Watkins but I have to agree with you on this statement. We have shown throughout the year that we have the ability to come out flat, come out fired up, and go between the two throughout the entire game. I don't think we have played a team throughout the season where we haven't gotten down and let our technique and just basic football IQ slip a bit here and there somewhere during the 4 quarters. Its almost like our boys sometimes fear after a score from the opposing team that its over. After CA ran that kick off back against us our sideline was down, and our players as a whole were down. It seemed like after we settled down and actually got to run an offensive series and realized we could move the ball on CA they sort of settled back in and regained confidence. However, as you said with Jo Byrn's experience in games such as these, and with the coaching staff that they have we cant give him the opportunity to drive the final nail in the coffin so to speak. We for once have to compete an entire 4 quarters of football to the best of our potential. I hope that's this Friday night. If so it should make for a very interesting match. I would have to think that combined with the weather predictions if they hold true  would have to be in our favor.

Cant wait to see how the Irish come out and compete.

I hate to say it Watkins but I have to agree with you on this statement. We have shown throughout the year that we have the ability to come out flat, come out fired up, and go between the two throughout the entire game. I don't think we have played a team throughout the season where we haven't gotten down and let our technique and just basic football IQ slip a bit here and there somewhere during the 4 quarters. Its almost like our boys sometimes fear after a score from the opposing team that its over. After CA ran that kick off back against us our sideline was down, and our players as a whole were down. It seemed like after we settled down and actually got to run an offensive series and realized we could move the ball on CA they sort of settled back in and regained confidence. However, as you said with Jo Byrn's experience in games such as these, and with the coaching staff that they have we cant give him the opportunity to drive the final nail in the coffin so to speak. We for once have to compete an entire 4 quarters of football to the best of our potential. I hope that's this Friday night. If so it should make for a very interesting match. I would have to think that combined with the weather predictions if they hold true would have to be in our favor.

Same here bout this JB team ! If the JB team that played TC in the 2nd half and the 1st half against NC then the Devils look sorta like one of the past JB teams,,, we really seem to struggle executing plays sometime due to not having that killer instinct as some of those in the past, last week it seemed to me that the Devils we're jus going thru the motions in the 4th qtr, the will to win wasn't there,,,, depending on which team shows up will depend on who advances is the way I see it

Does anyone have a schedule or anything to games that was moved to tonight???

1A.......   

Thursday Nov 5 7:00 PM Game 103 Oneida vs. Oakdale    

Thursday Nov 5 7:00 PM Game 105 South Pittsburg vs. Mt. Pleasant    

Thursday Nov 5 7:00 PM Game 106 Fayetteville vs. Chattanooga Grace

Edited by NCSdad1962

Sounds like neither teams fans are very confident they'll get the win.  My problem with JB is they're coming into this game coming off a loss and no momentum.  That's why you want to finish the season strong, keeping confidence high.  Had JB beaten Monterey soundly (like it looked like they would do in the 3rd quarter) I would predict a JB win by about 14.  Now, I won't be surprised if we're bounced in round 1.  Is JB's offense going to get shutdown two games in a row?  

I felt like the boys kept their intensity up pretty high the whole game. A few blown alignments early on, a couple costly fumbles, and then some poor tackling + one heck of a wedge on kickoff returnTD for CA. Never really a lack of intensity, IMO.

Oh i agree with you wholeheartedly, there! JB is a better team than CA. And HC can sink this week by fumbling the ball or lining up wrong or failing to cover returns or tackling weak. I agree completely. I just thought we were talking about "intensity".

I hate to say it Watkins but I have to agree with you on this statement. We have shown throughout the year that we have the ability to come out flat, come out fired up, and go between the two throughout the entire game. I don't think we have played a team throughout the season where we haven't gotten down and let our technique and just basic football IQ slip a bit here and there somewhere during the 4 quarters. Its almost like our boys sometimes fear after a score from the opposing team that its over. After CA ran that kick off back against us our sideline was down, and our players as a whole were down. It seemed like after we settled down and actually got to run an offensive series and realized we could move the ball on CA they sort of settled back in and regained confidence. However, as you said with Jo Byrn's experience in games such as these, and with the coaching staff that they have we cant give him the opportunity to drive the final nail in the coffin so to speak. We for once have to compete an entire 4 quarters of football to the best of our potential. I hope that's this Friday night. If so it should make for a very interesting match. I would have to think that combined with the weather predictions if they hold true would have to be in our favor.

Man, I hear what you're saying. But I don't see it as a lack of intensity.

I believe intensity is one of the hallmarks of this 2015 squad that makes them stand apart from a lot of the others. They come every week ready to play. They bring it for 4 quarters. And when they aren't just severely overmatched, they break teams by the end of the game. And sure...there may be some ugly spots along the way. But their heart and soul are in it start to finish.

You guys may disagree. And that's ok. But that's one criticism of our boys that I won't hear without at least speaking my mind in their defense. Thanks for hearing me out.

Edited by disciple633