LazIndex Top 10 Semifinals 1A & 2A

LazIndexTN

i understand the point of the rankings, but they don't reflect reality, when there are 4 teams left, they should be the top 4 by default. Part of being the top is having luck with schedules or whatever.

So, you are saying that Manassas, who has a 5-8 record should be ranked somewhere between 5th and 8th in 2A just because they made the quarterfinals. That is not what this poll is, this is a measure of on field performance for every game played this season. That is great, they are 1 out of 4 teams left in the playoffs, that doesn't automatically make them the 4th best team all season. Just leave it at that, they are 1 out of 4 teams left to play for the championship. One has nothing to do with the other.

So, you are saying that Manassas, who has a 5-8 record should be ranked somewhere between 5th and 8th in 2A just because they made the quarterfinals. That is not what this poll is, this is a measure of on field performance for every game played this season. That is great, they are 1 out of 4 teams left in the playoffs, that doesn't automatically make them the 4th best team all season. Just leave it at that, they are 1 out of 4 teams left to play for the championship. One has nothing to do with the other.

actually, yes I am.  in my opinion the best 2 teams are the ones playing in the championship.  And by your definition, lets say Manassas ended up winning it all, you would still not have them ranked number 1?  

i thought thats what playoffs were for to weed out those playing weak schedules.....exactly why everybody wanted playoffs in college.......just because u played great all season doesnt mean ur the best....yes wc is a example........we were beat by a better team..........but if head to head dont matter in your "poll" its just plain stupid..........the sec standings reconize head to head....are they wrong

i thought thats what playoffs were for to weed out those playing weak schedules.....exactly why everybody wanted playoffs in college.......just because u played great all season doesnt mean ur the best....yes wc is a example........we were beat by a better team..........but if head to head dont matter in your "poll" its just plain stupid..........the sec standings reconize head to head....are they wrong

and the other side, just because you had a rough season, if you made it through and ended up winning it all...? 

Oh, it's going to be bad for 1A rebuttals this week, I already know.  But, everyone just has to keep in mind that it is just a cumulative of the whole season.  Peabody is playing great right now, which is why they've jumped up so much, but taking every game into account the calculations are still showing UC and Dresden up top.  If you think about it though they lost by a greater margin to those teams in the regular season than what they just beat them by the past two weeks so it makes sense that a calculation looking at the entire season would have those two ranked higher at this point. 

i can gurantee 1 thing...UC aint gonna finish the year #1 and dresden aint gonna finish #2 poll or no poll.......there whole season is OVER they were beat by peabody who ur poll has #3  SMH

actually, yes I am. in my opinion the best 2 teams are the ones playing in the championship. And by your definition, lets say Manassas ended up winning it all, you would still not have them ranked number 1?

Manassas beat an 0-10 MLK Prep and a 5-5 MAHS to get to the quarterfinals. That is not worthy of automatically placing them in the top 8 teams in the state. If they won the championship they would be the champs and no they would most likely not be ranked number one in my rankings with an 8-7 record. Does that mean they aren't the best at the end of the year and get to take home a crystal ball to their trophy case...no. That is why I love playoffs and playing it out on the field. But, that is not what the rankings represent, this is a retrodictive look at the season as a whole. And in most instances it is a great predictor of future outcomes. Please stop making it something else and calling it stupid, because it is anything but that. It is very accurate, a lot of hard work, and a very in depth intellectual equation to be able to compare every team across the state at different levels. Just because you don't understand how it works doesn't automatically make it stupid. This is not directed only at you Monkeywrench, there are posters calling it idiotic because they don't agree with the outcomes, even though it is an unbiased look at on field performance to date. I'm sorry that you guys don't agree, but beating a weak opponent in the playoffs shouldn't count more just because it is the playoffs. I am trying to give a real look at performance and use a team's potential or power to try and predict outcomes which I am happy to say has been very successful. If you don't like it, sorry, but don't insult it please as you have no idea what goes into putting these rankings out. But, as hard as it is for you to believe, they are very accurate.

Edited by LazIndexTN

i can gurantee 1 thing...UC aint gonna finish the year #1 and dresden aint gonna finish #2 poll or no poll.......there whole season is OVER they were beat by peabody who ur poll has #3  SMH

data is only good information when the information you want is being projected.  When reality hits, the data is useless.  And reality shows that the 4 teams left are the best 4 teams in the state. ANALYZE THAT.