Who Are the Best Teams in East TN?

etownsparky

As bad as EH was for so long and appearing to not be interested in getting better, it's understandable that a girl would want to play for a better program. With Tony Williams there and the immediate improvement in the program I'd say the problem is probably solved.

I agree there are snake coaches who recruit girls. It happened to Howard and I've seen it happen numerous times to girls in McMinn County and surrounding counties.

I don't think it's just coaches. I think some boosters and or parents who don't want their kids to play on a average team. That's sports these days. Win That's all

That's Chatt bball, lookout if you have a player, they will come. Now with the new TSSAA rules nothing can stop the privates from snatching them up. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T PLAY THEM EVER, especially HH. Make them drive 300 miles to get a game and kids from chatt won't attend that school. Don't play HH

It would not surprise me to see the Hayes and Lacy girls both stolen away from East Hamilton. If East Hamilton can keep them, this might be the beginning of a Hamilton County public school powerhouse.  

I think McMinn Central should be in the top 5.  Greeneville drops out after a recent injury to their best player.  I would put Blackman at #1 in Middle TN and possibly move Stewarts Creek up a spot as they just knocked off both Blackman and Riverdale.

Caught the McMinn Central game against Alcoa (16-9)(7-1)last night. Central won 60-35 without Ms Basketball finalist Jacobi Lynn in the line-up. Apparently she is resting a bruised thumb. Central shut out Alcoa 19-0 in the 4th period. Their defense is relentless and they rebounded well. I thought this game said a lot about Central as a team winning soundly against a pretty good Aloca team without their bread and butter player on the floor. Can't wait to see Miss Lynn back on the court!

Caught the McMinn Central game against Alcoa (16-9)(7-1)last night. Central won 60-35 without Ms Basketball finalist Jacobi Lynn in the line-up. Apparently she is resting a bruised thumb. Central shut out Alcoa 19-0 in the 4th period. Their defense is relentless and they rebounded well. I thought this game said a lot about Central as a team winning soundly against a pretty good Aloca team without their bread and butter player on the floor. Can't wait to see Miss Lynn back on the court!

Saw them play a couple times. Each time I'm waiting to see what all the talks. Nothing flashy kinda Ho Hum going through the motions. Then you look up it's the 4th period. They've scored in the 20s each period you start thinking how many shots they've made and from where and realize hey they are also rebounding the Ball well and I'll be danged if they don't all step into the passing lanes at the right time. If anything they are not huge but very impressed how well they shoot the ball from 10 to 15 feet. Reminds me of the old days when coaches said take the first best open shot. Good luck.

Agreed! But I blame the Chattanooga and surrounding area Coaches for scheduling them! Don't schedule HH, Baylor, GPS, Webb or any other privates! If parents of these kids have to drive 2-3 hours or more to watch their kids play a game I assure you some of this will stop!

You guys see Hamilton Heights, GPS and Baylor being dominant in your area and taking your best talent so you can't win? They are your measuring stick? Really? SMH.... :rolleyes::flower::roflol:

I'm pretty sure that your precious Warriors once stole a kid from East Hamilton as well.  So you might want to mind your own business.

I'm not sure that a kid moving 120 miles with her mom for her job really equates to stealing. That is called a family doing a bona fide physical move and enrolling at a different public school that was in total compliance with the TSSAA.     http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2013/mar/07/lewis-happy-with-move/101720/ .

Funny how that bona fide change of address occurred after summer camps and spring AAU ball playing with players on the Riverdale squad.  Save it for some of the more ignorant Coacht-ers.  Howard at Bradley is totally legal by TSSAA rules also, but nobody will ever read or hear about the back room deals that were made in both situations.   :roflolk:

Edited by HurricanePride

Funny how that bona fide change of address occurred after summer camps and spring AAU ball playing with players on the Riverdale squad. Save it for some of the more ignorant Coacht-ers. Howard at Bradley is totally legal by TSSAA rules also, but nobody will ever read or hear about the back room deals that were made in both situations. :roflolk:

If there are no TSSAA rule violations as you say, then there is nothing to gripe about. If you can prove violations (which would be back room deals), and not just hearsay, then by all means, report it to the TSSAA. If you cannot prove it, you sound like a disgruntled fan/parent/coach/whatever whose program cannot win so you make excuses. Players come in to programs and players go. It is part of HS sports. Parents get new jobs and move the family. Kids get rezoned. Parents decide to send their kids to private schools for various reasons. Kids quit playing. Parents buy houses in other parts of the city. Parents get divorced. It all comes with the territory.

You guys see Hamilton Heights, GPS and Baylor being dominant in your area and taking your best talent? They are your measuring stick? Really? SMH.... :rolleyes::flower::roflol:

please don't include HH in a conversation with TSSAA schools cause they are not and never will be. No rules, cherry pick players and brag about beating public schools. SMH, is right. Don't schedule HH, or any private teams ever. They want to be private let's help them out.

Hamilton Heights three losses to date this season are all from Tennessee public schools. Bradley Central, Riverdale and Blackman. Baylor has lost seven times to date, and 4 of the losses are to TN public school teams Livingston Academy, Gatlinburg-Pittman and Riverdale twice. GPS has only won 9 games total all year, and five of their 15 losses are to TN public schools Rhea Co, Meigs Co, Van Buren Co, Chatt Arts and Sciences as well as Knoxville Halls. GPS only beat 3 public schools all season so far.

There doesn't appear to be an advantage in favor of Chattanooga private schools at all. Maybe it is just that basketball is that bad in Chattanooga, and not bc a few girls chose to play at private schools.