No newberry college camps this summer

CoachLaHaye

Who, besides Bono, are the "amazing" instructors? Looks like a bunch of guys that could not wrestle D1?????

Yea that is not true. There are a good wrestlers in Division 2 that could wrestle D1 but doesn't have the grades or wasn't liked in high school. I did count 3 D1 wrestlers on that staff. Look at Meridieth form Wyoming, he could not start at NC State and went back home and now is an All-American. You can not say that just because someone doesn't wrestle D1 doesn't mean they are not as good. It was what they thought was best for them.

Who, besides Bono, are the "amazing" instructors? Looks like a bunch of guys that could not wrestle D1?????

Look at the troll. Just because you go D2 doesn't mean you're not capable of going D1. Take Blanton, just for example, he said he had multiple D1 offers but chose Newberry because he liked the school better. 3x AA, NCAA champ. What exactly are your credentials again that allow you to dog these guys? Enlighten us.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Credentials???  Probably a little stronger than yours. Won state championships when it was one tournament, before it was diluted, and wrestled in college .... Not because my brother almost.... could of... would of.....  should of.  

Did you ever place in the Region?  Sounds like you have an ax to grind with  Newberry's new coach,

Credentials???  Probably a little stronger than yours. Won state championships when it was one tournament, before it was diluted, and wrestled in college .... Not because my brother almost.... could of... would of.....  should of.  

Did you ever place in the Region?  Sounds like you have an ax to grind with  Newberry's new coach,

Credentials on who?

Not really sure why anybody's bashing anyone. As far as credentials there's always somebody with a one up. And who cares. There's very good coaches that don't have many wrestling credentials and I've met some very, very bad coaches that have amazing wrestling credentials. Here's an idea:

If you don't like the camp or the camp staff then don't go. Be grateful that there are several camps to choose from. I would suppose any camp at all is better than none.

No ax to grind with anybody. Maybe you should reread what you said. You called out the abilities of the instructors saying they couldn't hack it in D-1. I was just wondering what year you won the Olympics that gave you the ability to cut down others credentials.

Never been to Newberry, know very few people who have been there. Kennedy's come to mind. But that's about it.

Edited by WrestlingGod