D-II Middle Region...

wildcatfan

Guest defygravity

bga seemed to talk a lot this past summer about a great team thats going to stun a lot of other teams. i hope this is true it will make the division that much more enjoyable, (everyone loves a good close game). last year the team displayed good talent and some promising players for this year. tiffany and whitney (i think are the 2 players im thinking of) carried the team last year. the team was composed of a lot of freshman, now as sophmores they should have some experience under their belts which should lead to some confidence.

ryan may dominate again this year. archie seems to have certainly made a name for herself and tish pilkerton would get my vote for one of the best players in the region and state. if rumors be true, ive read somewhere that a senior decided to rejoin and is supposedly on the same level as the other two (i dont know what two years of not playing will do to you though. id say set you back, but i could be wrong) volk and hampel are two others faces you'll get to see this year.

im still faithful with my prediction about HH, i hope to see them pull a title out of the hat. losing brown will set them back quite a bit as well as having a "new" coach. adujstment/adaptation are going to be key things these girls are going to need to do as quickly as possible to succeed this year. they've got experience, and lack there of in certain areas. the starting guards are all returning, baker, sisk, and bohannon. as well as contributor last year stephanie urrell. experience from their posts is where they are lacking. price has been a contributor and no doubt practiced against brown last year and supposedly parrish ( a freshman who played fantastic in vball) has got some moves but lacks on experience. i get the feeling these girls are a close team that support each other. they should be commended and respected for their efforts in the past, they certainly have my respect.

Father Ryan vs. Harpeth Hall should be a great rivalry this year (as usual). I could not tell you the rest and I don't think they would get upset at me for saying that we do not hear much of them b/c the competitive level against RYAN and HH has been poor. Mr. Wildcat, expect Father Ryan and Harpeth Hall to play for the region AGAIN this year....GO IRISH....try to stay within 20 of "the mighty honeybears".