The "Mighty" Karns Beavers @ The Ridge

SweetScience

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustMeVFL

69-7 Oak Ridge. Why is Karns always bad? I never really get a good answer from anyone over that way. It's like a big black cloud hangs over that place for some reason.

Most of the good players that live in the Karns District transfers to other schools. Like the 6'3 Freshman OL that goes to Catholic, plus the big Freshman DL that goes to Catholic. Deshawn McKinney WR at Fulton lives in the Karns school district. A few yrs ago Daryl Rollins Davis the all everything RB at Fulton also lived in the Karns district. They just can't keep kids that live in Karns. But who blames them. Karns changes coaches every few yrs.

Most of the good players that live in the Karns District transfers to other schools. Like the 6'3 Freshman OL that goes to Catholic, plus the big Freshman DL that goes to Catholic. Deshawn McKinney WR at Fulton lives in the Karns school district. A few yrs ago Daryl Rollins Davis the all everything RB at Fulton also lived in the Karns district. They just can't keep kids that live in Karns. But who blames them. Karns changes coaches every few yrs.

I think its a two part problem. First, kids naturally want to be part of a winner.  Karns has had one good season ever.  Second, kids just don't want to be a Beaver.  Beavers ain't cool.  Rebels, Falcons, Irish, etc.  way cooler.  Seriously, I have had a transfer player that lives in the Karns zone actually say these words to me, "My mom didn't want me to be a Beaver"  

I think its a two part problem. First, kids naturally want to be part of a winner. Karns has had one good season ever. Second, kids just don't want to be a Beaver. Beavers ain't cool. Rebels, Falcons, Irish, etc. way cooler. Seriously, I have had a transfer player that lives in the Karns zone actually say these words to me, "My mom didn't want me to be a Beaver"

I have to agree with the mom lol

Ha Ha.  The older of two brothers that were both good players told me that.  Both kids were 3 year starters, but not for Karns.  This could be a good thread topic:

"What should Karns change their nickname/ mascot to?"  

Killerz? How 'bout Krushers?

Chattanooga high schools have two great nicknames in Chatt. Central Purple Pounders and even better, GPS - Girls Prep. School Bruisers.

Karns could become the Vandals, Huns, Crushers, Wildcats, or Satanic Klowns.

Chattanooga high schools have two great nicknames in Chatt. Central Purple Pounders and even better, GPS - Girls Prep. School Bruisers.

Karns could become the Vandals, Huns, Crushers, Wildcats, or Satanic Klowns.

Or the Bulls....What a change that would be...From a weak paltry utterly non-intimidating animal to the type of animal/man to be feared on the field and in the bedroom.