DeKalb Co @ Grundy

Iceman2000

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big 8 does need to go. It has out dated itself. There's several decent players and a few good coaches but all of those could keep together for a nice middle school team. But that being said with all this 7-12 grade talk, two high schools, and middle school. It's still all relies on one common topic... a good coach. I'm sure our administration would eventual mess the middle school too so we would be stuck with the same problem we have now. GET COACHES THE KIDS WANT TO PLAY FOR!!!!

The Big 8 does need to go. It has out dated itself. There's several decent players and a few good coaches but all of those could keep together for a nice middle school team. But that being said with all this 7-12 grade talk, two high schools, and middle school. It's still all relies on one common topic... a good coach. I'm sure our administration would eventual mess the middle school too so we would be stuck with the same problem we have now. GET COACHES THE KIDS WANT TO PLAY FOR!!!!

I agree 100%

With all the bickering and arguing that we do in Grundy, unfortunately, things are not going to change until we get out of each others way.  We want to see this person fail, or bad mouth this person, or set up as many obstacles to keep someone from having success as we can.  If we would quit all the name calling and blaming and just look in the mirror, we would realize we are our biggest problem.  I am not pro Tate or pro Bryants or pro any person, I am pro Grundy.  I thought it was silly when Coach Bryant was let go and I think it would be just as dumb to let Coach Tate go.  They are both young coaches who will make mistakes, but if allowed to grow would both make very good coaches.  It is very easy for a person that has never coached above a pee wee level to sit back and think they know much more than they do.   If the community would get behind the school and the programs that our kids represent, we could have tremendous success.  However, as long as we want to point fingers and not proactively become part of the solution, things will remain the same.   

I'll be at the sequatchie game tomorrow, someone keep me posted on the grundy game. Dekalb wins 35-6. I don't see who they can beat on the remaining schedule. Looks like 1-9 again for Grundy. I hate it for the kids and some of the parents. Good people up there and a few I consider like family. Hopefully they'll get on track and start winning next year.

A coach makes a huge difference. Our kids deserve the best & they don't have it right now. I don't attend many baseball or softball games, but football and basketball just isn't up to par.

Stinger, I see a 1-9 again as well. I'll keep you updated on the game.

I'll be at the sequatchie game tomorrow, someone keep me posted on the grundy game. Dekalb wins 35-6. I don't see who they can beat on the remaining schedule. Looks like 1-9 again for Grundy. I hate it for the kids and some of the parents. Good people up there and a few I consider like family. Hopefully they'll get on track and start winning next year.