McMinn Central at Scott

TheOgre78

I saw McMinn Central more recently than Scott because CAK played Scott in Week 3 (I think) and MC only a couple of weeks ago.  But based on your observation that Scott is still going strong offensively, I would have to pick Scott as the slight favorite in this one.

Scott's offense seems more diverse than McMinn Central's, which, in my opinion, makes it a little more likely for an opposing D to get some stops against MC than Scott.  McMinn Central #3 is one of the best RB we faced all year, and he doesn't seem to slow down much as the game goes along.  But my guess is Scott's D will make enough stops that its O can outscore MC.

I am inclined to predict a fairly high scoring game because I think both offenses will put up some points, unless there's bad weather.  Also, I think home field advantage helps give Scott a slight edge also.

Good luck to both teams.

Edited by Warriors2011
  • Upvote 1

I saw McMinn Central more recently than Scott because CAK played Scott in Week 3 (I think) and MC only a couple of weeks ago.  But based on your observation that Scott is still going strong offensively, I would have to pick Scott as the slight favorite in this one.

Scott's offense seems more diverse than McMinn Central's, which, in my opinion, makes it a little more likely for an opposing D to get some stops against MC than Scott.  McMinn Central #3 is one of the best RB we faced all year, and he doesn't seem to slow down much as the game goes along.  But my guess is Scott's D will make enough stops that its O can outscore MC.

I am inclined to predict a fairly high scoring game because I think both offenses will put up some points, unless there's bad weather.  Also, I think home field advantage helps give Scott a slight edge also.

Good luck to both teams.

I agree that it's not a low scoring game. McMinn surprised me with their size and speed when I watched them play CAK. I got to see that game and many others including Webb vs Oak Ridge thanks to a Warriors' Twitter post that had a link with a voucher to NFHS. I'm a CAK follower now. :)

Scott does have a great offense but my worry as a Highlander fan is Scott tends to give up points in chunks: Up 34-10 at half to CAK they gave up 24 unanswered. Let Kingston back in briefly after being up 34-10? giving up 14 unanswered to make it 34-24 before going on to win 48-24. 22 unanswered against Seymour in the 3rd qtr up 33-2 at half making it 24-33 before Scott out scored them 14-6 to win 47-30.

Scott can't do that against McMinn or anyone in the playoffs. If I'm thinking correctly McMinn has the same RB from last year, whoever I saw he's a bruiser and hard to take down. McMinns solid on D on the run stop, and has a decent pass D. Scott has to get their D playing better/more consistent imo, they do play a lot of players both ways which "could" account for their D performance drop off later in games.

There's a lot riding on this game with the 3 spot up for grabs and McMinn can pull even at 5-5 with a win. I'd say as you did Scott has the advantage with their offense and plus their rested up after an easy win over Loudon and a bye week. McMinn has had 2 straight tough games with CAK and Notre Dame Friday but they'll be hungry and ready to play I'm sure. Should be close!

I'll probably be at the game. lol I really want to see Scott but also Oneida is at home vs Coalfield!  :|:wacko::x Hopefully weather isn't a factor, I think it's supposed to be cold but with a high in the low 70s.

Oh and good luck against Alcoa and Congrats to the QB on his record breaking career!

Edited by TheOgre78

Flip a coin. High scoring game like yall said. Both teams combine for over/under 70?

Possibly around 70 points between the two, McMinn & CAK combined for 69, 42-27, Scott & CAK 81. Both teams have a good runing games and have given up some points namely +40 to CAK & +20 to Kingston each.

Against Seymour Scott had 445 yards rushing, Byrge 176 yards and averaging over 10 ypc, Hall and Roden combined for 133, Hall 12-18 passing for 136. Hall accounted for 416 yards of offense and 6 touchdowns in Scott’s win at Loudon (17/30 for 264, 4 TDs pass, 9 for 156, 2 TDs rush).

Via Knox New Sentinel: (vs CAK): McMinn Central (3-5, 2-2) leaned heavily on the rushing attack of Jackson Long. Long carried 28 times for 212 yards and two touchdowns. But Long’s performance was overshadowed by an injury to running back Jace Johnson. Johnson was carried off the field on a stretcher in the first quarter and admitted to Parkwest Medical Center.

I couldn't find McMinn's stats vs ND.

Edited by TheOgre78

I agree that it's not a low scoring game. McMinn surprised me with their size and speed when I watched them play CAK. I got to see that game and many others including Webb vs Oak Ridge thanks to a Warriors' Twitter post that had a link with a voucher to NFHS. I'm a CAK follower now. :)

Scott does have a great offense but my worry as a Highlander fan is Scott tends to give up points in chunks: Up 34-10 at half to CAK they gave up 24 unanswered. Let Kingston back in briefly after being up 34-10? giving up 14 unanswered to make it 34-24 before going on to win 48-24. 22 unanswered against Seymour in the 3rd qtr up 33-2 at half making it 24-33 before Scott out scored them 14-6 to win 47-30.

Scott can't do that against McMinn or anyone in the playoffs. If I'm thinking correctly McMinn has the same RB from last year, whoever I saw he's a bruiser and hard to take down. McMinns solid on D on the run stop, and has a decent pass D. Scott has to get their D playing better/more consistent imo, they do play a lot of players both ways which "could" account for their D performance drop off later in games.

There's a lot riding on this game with the 3 spot up for grabs and McMinn can pull even at 5-5 with a win. I'd say as you did Scott has the advantage with their offense and plus their rested up after an easy win over Loudon and a bye week. McMinn has had 2 straight tough games with CAK and Notre Dame Friday but they'll be hungry and ready to play I'm sure. Should be close!

I'll probably be at the game. lol I really want to see Scott but also Oneida is at home vs Coalfield!  :|:wacko::x Hopefully weather isn't a factor, I think it's supposed to be cold but with a high in the low 70s.

Oh and good luck against Alcoa and Congrats to the QB on his record breaking career!

McMinn Central's schedule has been a brutal one.  Only 3 teams, thus far, have not been in the top ten in polls.  Polk, Kingston, and Loudon.  5-A McMinn County, 5-A Rhea, One loss- 2A Meigs County, Alcoa, CAK, ND were all tough opponents.  CAK game got weird right after injury to Johnson.  He was one of the team leaders and defense struggled to adjust after his injury in that game.  However this week, these boys have bought in for playing for Johnson.  Defense looked fine tuned, aggressive, and Johnny on the spot against ND.  The dominated ND on both sides of the ball.  I said all year that MC was a good ball team, but their schedule would not indicate how good of a 3-A team they are.  Anyone else besides Alcoa in 3-A with this same schedule would have close to the same record, maybe one more win against Meigs for some of those top 5 teams.  This is a scary team for anyone to be playing right now.  Looking forward to traveling to Scott, not really lol - to far, but excited to see a revamped Charger club.

i seen on another thread where you said ever time you chime in a thread before a game central lost i hope this counts as chiming and your steak continues lol!

You want Central to lose?!? I just don't think it matters this game. Both are in the playoffs. Win or lose. I do think this would be an amazing feat to win up there.