2017 DII A

OrangeEagle

I could care less about counting co-op or not, but I do think DCA should be playing in AA to progress as an athletic program. Of course that whole issue lies with the AD as to where the program is heading. Need to be able to see further than just making the playoffs year after year in a watered-down football region to be considered a successful Athletic Program. In this case, the competition dictates their growth and where they're headed in the future, athletically. The 16-team D2-A Championship in Football is not one I would be quite as proud of with a school like DCA that has some tradition behind it.

I would say DA, FCS & NCS probably would fair better, long-term wise, to go AA in Football too.

You add those 4 schools to the D2-AA Middle Region and that makes for a much more competitive region, as well as only having to schedule 2 out of region games.

Edited by Sackmaster50

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system allows it and those two football kids appreciate it along with the 1 swimmer and 1 lacrosse player.

Its hilarious that you're this jealous over this. Bitter looks bad on you. Lol

I'm not jealous or bitter.  It's just that teams that play you are playing against 2 schools rather than 1.  If the impact is so minimal, why not end the co-op or better yet, if the TSSAA decides to play fair, I wonder how long DCA will keep the co-op agreement going when it more than doubles their size and moves you up a class.  

I will give you this though.. DCA co-ops with a school that also charges a hefty tuition and probably has similar academic standards.  Lausanne co-ops with a school where there is no tuition the players get out of paying tuition and so does Lausanne plus the co-op players don't have to comply with Lausanne's academic standards.  How does that grab you?

I'm not jealous or bitter. It's just that teams that play you are playing against 2 schools rather than 1. If the impact is so minimal, why not end the co-op or better yet, if the TSSAA decides to play fair, I wonder how long DCA will keep the co-op agreement going when it more than doubles their size and moves you up a class.

I will give you this though.. DCA co-ops with a school that also charges a hefty tuition and probably has similar academic standards. Lausanne co-ops with a school where there is no tuition the players get out of paying tuition and so does Lausanne plus the co-op players don't have to comply with Lausanne's academic standards. How does that grab you?

That's a stretch to say it's two schools don't you think? Hyperbole much?

I am happy our kids have the option to play sports that DCA doesn't offer. I mean, what adult wouldn't be? If that means DCA moves up in classification then thats fine too. Right now the TSSAA has DCA placed in the division they are playing in. The school will be fine if it changes.

Growth and adapting to the TSSAA rules has resulted in state championships in all three major boys sports and is a possibility in others.

Be mad at the system and attempt to change it if you're this bitter about it. This issue can be your "windmill" Mr Quixote. 😂