Hendersonville 2017

CommandoFan81

Early but what do you think this team will bring next year? Graduated alot on the line but i do know of 2 sophomore linemen that looked very promising. Running back wise, kincaid should improve, im sure the spurrier kid will work his way into the lineup and of course we have hughes. We can add another player that will be eligible next year from goodpasture that looked fairly decent and of course will have coker. What do ya'll think?

The biggest question marks I see are experience, depth, and leadership. This will be a young team at all the positions a downhill running team like Hendersonville needs. If I am not mistaken, they return maybe one starter on the offensive line, if any. If they want to continue to do what they are known for, they are going to need some guys to step up in the weight room and on the field. Now where it gets interesting is their skill players. With Coker, Hughes, Kincaid, and Dalton all returning they have some very explosive players. This could be the most pass heavy Commando team we have seen in some time. They can not afford to put all the weight on a very inexperienced offensive line, and to win games they may have to become a more pass oriented offense.

They are going to need people to step up this year as leaders if they want to win games. They have players who can do it, it is if they WANT to do it. This is going to be a very thin team as well when it comes to depth. Coach Hatfield and his staff are going to have to put an emphasis on toughness a little more this year. Players can not afford to go down with injuries.

I do not know how this team will do in their new region, all I can say is that it will not be easy by any means. They have the players to do it, but next year they need to focus on making the playoffs and winning the important games first.

not gonna be a great team until you get fresh blood at head coach. everyone in the state knows what he is gonna run and when he is gonna do it.

Yea and it's been pretty successful for him and his staff, he's had 4 state title appearances and averages right at 8 wins a season over the span of 18 years. Yes everyone knows exactly what we do, the question is and has always been.. Can you stop it?

Edited by CommandoBlood100

Yea and it's been pretty successful for him and his staff, he's had 4 state title appearances and averages right at 8 wins a season over the span of 18 years. Yes everyone knows exactly what we do, the question is and has always been.. Can you stop it?

i always thought, especially last year, we would move away from the wing T with as much skilled players we had. But im not a coach and havent made it to state 4 times

You are spot on Wave88. Great football coach, better man. Great coaching staff that I have complete confidence in. They teach more than football at Hville. As far as the team next year huge challenge on the O and D lines. Confident that OL coach Kris Bundy and DL coach Jim Miller will get the job done. As stated above good skill people coming back with Coker, Hughes, Kincaid, Dalton, Halas, Fitts, Hancock and the sophs Spurrier and Hohenbrink. I am sure Waters and Hamblin will be 2 of the starters up front and we will see on the others at spring practice. Interested to see who the non district games will be. Of course Beech and Gallatin will be 2 of them, no idea on the other 3. As far as the comment above on what offense we run we did put up 46 on a pretty good team in Cane Ridge and 28 on another pretty good team in Hillsboro. Both of those teams have a lot of guys who will be playing on Saturdays next year. I believe our record in the Hatfield tenure speaks for itself.

The biggest question marks I see are experience, depth, and leadership. This will be a young team at all the positions a downhill running team like Hendersonville needs. If I am not mistaken, they return maybe one starter on the offensive line, if any. If they want to continue to do what they are known for, they are going to need some guys to step up in the weight room and on the field. Now where it gets interesting is their skill players. With Coker, Hughes, Kincaid, and Dalton all returning they have some very explosive players. This could be the most pass heavy Commando team we have seen in some time. They can not afford to put all the weight on a very inexperienced offensive line, and to win games they may have to become a more pass oriented offense.

They are going to need people to step up this year as leaders if they want to win games. They have players who can do it, it is if they WANT to do it. This is going to be a very thin team as well when it comes to depth. Coach Hatfield and his staff are going to have to put an emphasis on toughness a little more this year. Players can not afford to go down with injuries.

I do not know how this team will do in their new region, all I can say is that it will not be easy by any means. They have the players to do it, but next year they need to focus on making the playoffs and winning the important games first.

There are only 6 teams in that region with Lebanon and Station Camp being two of those teams. They should beat Lebanon every year. And they pretty much have beaten Station Camp every year.

They were in the same region with Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central for awhile. They beat Wilson Central most of the time then and went back and forth with Mt. Juliet. Probably will be the same way this time around.