Girls Wrestling

Kenwoodwrestlingmom

All of my boys were wrestlers, so I am well aquainted with this site. This year I have a daughter who is wrestling. We had our regional tournament this past weekend in Nolensville, and I was impressed by the quality of wrestling the region placers displayed. I am curious how the other side of the state did. I can't find any posts at all about it.

My daughter, Teagan Fisher, will be moving up to high school as a freshman in the fall. She has wrestled for 8 years and came in fourth in our Smokey Mountain Conference at 99 pounds. She is very excited to join the women's wrestling ranks. We also have three more female wrestlers at Alcoa who have done well vs male wrestlers. Kerra Strevel came in third in our conference at 106 pounds. Gwen Carroll, a midget at 103, has placed first or second in every tournament she wrestled this year, including Top 100s. Samantha Robinson, a new wrestler, is coming along also. The future of women's wrestling looks very promising I. Tennessee!