Webb at CCS

Spartan4Life

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Not a lot of turnovers but we will give you some blocked punts for scores haha. 

... assuming you ever have to punt.

I'm hoping CCS takes a lot of chances ... on-side kick every time, assuming they can establish some kind of running game - going for 4th down and 3 (or less) every time, every trick play they've got, LOTS of pressure on the QB so we can get to him before the deep ball can be thrown, if CCS has to punt - kick it out of bounds, gang tackle (strip the ball), etc...

In reality, CCS is a big underdog, so you've got to make things happen.

Just now, OLDad said:

... assuming you ever have to punt.

I'm hoping CCS takes a lot of chances ... on-side kick every time, assuming they can establish some kind of running game - going for 4th down and 3 (or less) every time, every trick play they've got, LOTS of pressure on the QB so we can get to him before the deep ball can be thrown, if CCS has to punt - kick it out of bounds, gang tackle (strip the ball), etc...

In reality, CCS is a big underdog, so you've got to make things happen.

I have yet to see CCS in person so it's hard for me to know how good they are or aren't. But what makes everyone so sure this is lopsided? I understand the Boyd game was a little closer than Webb's but that is a rival of sorts isn't it? Doesn't that usually make that game a throw out as far as final score? 

I'll believe you because you've seen both teams play in person but it seems like everyone is assuming Webb is gonna win this easy. I hope we do but CCS has had a good year. More wins than us at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I have yet to see CCS in person so it's hard for me to know how good they are or aren't. But what makes everyone so sure this is lopsided? I understand the Boyd game was a little closer than Webb's but that is a rival of sorts isn't it? Doesn't that usually make that game a throw out as far as final score? 

I'll believe you because you've seen both teams play in person but it seems like everyone is assuming Webb is gonna win this easy. I hope we do but CCS has had a good year. More wins than us at this point. 

If you had the CCS schedule, Webb would be exactly 5-2 as well (Baylor & McCallie losses), but the wins would have been much more decisive.

I was hoping Boyd would play Webb much closer and was very discouraged when they didn't (knowing CCS had Webb the next week). If 1 call goes differently, Boyd probably beats CCS ... but it didn't.

So I guess it is the Boyd game comparison. But, I'm still hopeful that CCS can rise to the occasion and have the game of their year!

No fumbles! Keep the drive going!

8 minutes ago, OLDad said:

If you had the CCS schedule, Webb would be exactly 5-2 as well (Baylor & McCallie losses), but the wins would have been much more decisive.

I was hoping Boyd would play Webb much closer and was very discouraged when they didn't (knowing CCS had Webb the next week). If 1 call goes differently, Boyd probably beats CCS ... but it didn't.

So I guess it is the Boyd game comparison. But, I'm still hopeful that CCS can rise to the occasion and have the game of their year!

No fumbles! Keep the drive going!

I see I see. I hope Webb wins out obviously. But i hope CCS does after this game as well and knock of mighty ND. If Grace and CCS can do that Webb becomes a #1 seed if they win out. haha lots of If's that aren't likely but a guy can dream right? 

If things finish how they likley will it would have CCS at Webb round one of the playoffs. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

2 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Absolutely! 

And if THAT dream came true, Webb & CCS would get the 1/2 seeds.

I can't believe we've made it this far without Booger trampling on this thread.

Que the snot ball!

That would be amazing! haha but ND has a really good team. I don't seem them losing out. 

He's coming, don't you worry. 

Edited by Spartan4Life

46 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Old is right, one call the other way and we would have won.  We fought hard all night in that game but against you guys we laid down after a couple of scores and just went through the motions.  A couple of early injuries in that game didn't help us any either.  We are young.  That is why I think this will be a better game than most think.  If CCS comes in with the right frame of mind they will give you all that you want.  I think you guys will win, but it should be a lot closer than our game.  Stay healthy!

2 hours ago, OLDad said:

Absolutely! 

And if THAT dream came true, Webb & CCS would get the 1/2 seeds.

I can't believe we've made it this far without Booger trampling on this thread.

Que the snot ball!

Booger had the 3rd post in this thread sugarpuss

.......no need to b stressin with that head on swivel worryin bout whats goin to sho up 

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Edited by Booger