4A Region 3 vs. 4A Region 4

Stowedaway

34 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

How are you so sure of the things you mention? Just curious of your sources and why someone would leak they are changing offenses?

My source is good. I work with a spring hill players dad. He also thinks the coach is inept and he is changing the offense up like this then I agree.

Edited by leadfarmer

44 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Recipe for disaster 

A recipe for disaster, without a doubt.....unless it's a package they practice on every week.  Even then, to be efficient at running the wing, or any other scheme,  it takes awhile.   By no means am I questioning the validity of what you claim, but why?  Why go away from what your 1's, 2's & 3's practice week in and week out?  The only thing I can rationalize is with what they run offensively, it's on some level founded on the wing.  Lots of motion and some misdirection has its roots in the wing.  The blocking will be much easier though.  At any rate, we'll know by 9:30ish on Friday night.   

....and I was really hoping for and looking forward to a sweep by R4 on R3.  

Edited by hollowman

5 minutes ago, hollowman said:

A recipe for disaster, without a doubt.....unless it's a package they practice on every week.  Even then, to be efficient at running the wing, or any other scheme,  it takes awhile.   By no means am I questioning the validity of what you claim, but why?  Why go away from what your 1's, 2's & 3's practice week in and week out?  The only thing I can rationalize is with what they run offensively, it's on some level founded on the wing.  Lots of motion and some misdirection has its roots in the wing.  The blocking will be much easier though.  At any rate, we'll know by 9:30ish on Friday night.   

....and I was really hoping for and looking forward to a sweep by R4 on R3.  

Just going by what I was told this morning from someone who has always been a credible source when it comes to SH football. I heard it last night and dismissed as a rumor until I talked to him this morning. 

Macon County was in the same region as Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, and Springfield the two previous years. They got used to playing against teams with speed.

With three Spring Hill starters out (and Carlisle playing) I like Macon County's chance.

4 hours ago, hollowman said:

They may have, but can you honestly compare Trousdale Co. to a Marshall Co., Spring Hill, or a Maplewood?  Nolensville, although collectively, not as fast as the other 3, still has more speed than what I believe that any of the R3 teams see consistently.  As I look at Macon Co.'s schedule, I see some good opponents.  Macon Co. is definitely a good football team, but I know that y'all will be in for a long night (or extremely short one after the mercy clock begins in the 2nd half) if y'all don't have 4 or 5 kids that can run.   And I mean run.  Even if y'all are able to muster up a win, there's no doubt your kids will say that SH is the fastest team they've seen to date, only to be more shocked the following week when they play Marshall Co.  Playing in round 2 is a far cry and not likely going to happen for Macon Co. 

Edited by midtnmale

I just don't see them being to implement a true wing t offense in a week. What players are supposed to be out? 1 or 5? Which DL? No need to run the kids down or talk about why they are out, just curious who is missing. 

Edited by Footballguru05

30 minutes ago, Footballguru05 said:

I just don't see them being to implement a true wing t offense in a week. What players are supposed to be out? 1 or 5? Which DL? No need to run the kids down or talk about why they are out, just curious who is missing. 

5 is out and not sure who the other receiver is but was told it was their best 2 receivers. The D lineman was the one that came from Stratford. 

In all honesty I hate that for Spring Hill and I hope they pull out the win. Gotta root for our neighbors in Maury County.  If Macon keys on him too much Ennis can hurt you with his legs also. In my opinion they should throw to their tight end more than they do. He had a big night against Columbia Central.