Chase Brown Halls 132, A Wrestlers Thoughts

Twofdr

First,  let me thank you guys for the well wishes for my son.

We banter back and forth...in good fun...on here all the time.

I thought I’d post my son’s written response to his OT loss, in the finals..to his good friend, and Champion, Cam Henderson.

I think after reading this, we can all agree that the TSSAA Wrestling...through it’s amazing coaches and leaders..are STILL molding young boys, into men.

Please....no comments about my son please...I’m already know he is a Champion....just wanted everyone to see.....THIS IS WHY WE LOVE OUR SPORT!

Let’s work together build up our sport, in TN....it is the greatest sport there is.

Again, this not a post that is self-aggrandizing...just wanted everyone to see, that we have a special thing here, despite some of our concerns.

Chase Brown

“Wow” is the only word that comes to mind when I think about these last 7 years. It has been a wild rollercoaster of a ride. The sport of wrestling takes you to extreme highs, as well as the lowest of lows. I will never forget everything that the sport has done for me, whether it is meeting new friends (who turn out to be the best of friends), how to be a man, and face adversity. The brothers and coaches I have met will never be forgotten and you all have no idea how much I appreciate all of the time and effort you all have invested in me.

I finish my high school career as a State Runner Up, with a 143-24 record, 3 Division 1 AAA State Medals, and a whole new outlook on life. Although 2nd place isn’t the result that I was gunning for, I’m not disappointed in myself one bit. 

Thank you to all the men/women that have been so influential to my life and wrestling career: Shannon Sayne, Tim Harp, Hamm Bone, John Kramer, Houston Qualls, Bart Freidenberg, Jack Reynolds, Lee Varnell, Benji Gray, Jeff Price, Jeramie Welder, Ben Smith, Joe Kemmerer, Miron Kharchilava, Joe Drennan, Jerry Teaster, Cody Humphrey, Edward Holland, Nick Spatola, Pete Miller, Derrick Harrison, Thadd Little, James Scott Brady, Shelley Brady, Bing Fu, Jim Ahern, Martin Frye, Tanner Justice, Caleb Leonard, Brock Herring, Tom Herring , Josh Bosken, Chris Vandergriff, Stephanie Sayne, and countless of others who have helped mold me into the man I am today.

Special shoutouts to the Wilson Central, Heritage, and Bradley Central teams/communities for always taking care of me, and taking me in and always having an open door to me without a second of hesitation. 

Thank you most of all to the Halls family, I am, and always will be proud to have represented the Red Devils. I hope you all know that I did everything in my power to represent our team and community with excellence and class, and I apologize I couldn’t bring home a state title.

Edited by Twofdr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Twofdr said:

First,  let me thank you guys for the well wishes for my son.

We banter back and forth...in good fun...on here all the time.

I thought I’d post my son’s written response to his OT loss, in the finals..to his good friend, and Champion, Cam Henderson.

I think after reading this, we can all agree that the TSSAA Wrestling...through it’s amazing coaches and leaders..are STILL molding young boys, into men.

Please....no comments about my son please...I’m already know he is a Champion....just wanted everyone to see.....THIS IS WHY WE LOVE OUR SPORT!

Let’s work together build up our sport, in TN....it is the greatest sport there is.

Again, this not a post that is self-aggrandizing...just wanted everyone to see, that we have a special thing here, despite some of our concerns.

Chase Brown

“Wow” is the only word that comes to mind when I think about these last 7 years. It has been a wild rollercoaster of a ride. The sport of wrestling takes you to extreme highs, as well as the lowest of lows. I will never forget everything that the sport has done for me, whether it is meeting new friends (who turn out to be the best of friends), how to be a man, and face adversity. The brothers and coaches I have met will never be forgotten and you all have no idea how much I appreciate all of the time and effort you all have invested in me.

I finish my high school career as a State Runner Up, with a 143-24 record, 3 Division 1 AAA State Medals, and a whole new outlook on life. Although 2nd place isn’t the result that I was gunning for, I’m not disappointed in myself one bit. 

Thank you to all the men/women that have been so influential to my life and wrestling career: Shannon Sayne, Tim Harp, Hamm Bone, John Kramer, Houston Qualls, Bart Freidenberg, Jack Reynolds, Lee Varnell, Benji Gray, Jeff Price, Jeramie Welder, Ben Smith, Joe Kemmerer, Miron Kharchilava, Joe Drennan, Jerry Teaster, Cody Humphrey, Edward Holland, Nick Spatola, Pete Miller, Derrick Harrison, Thadd Little, James Scott Brady, Shelley Brady, Bing Fu, Jim Ahern, Martin Frye, Tanner Justice, Caleb Leonard, Brock Herring, Tom Herring , Josh Bosken, Chris Vandergriff, Stephanie Sayne, and countless of others who have helped mold me into the man I am today.

Special shoutouts to the Wilson Central, Heritage, and Bradley Central teams/communities for always taking care of me, and taking me in and always having an open door to me without a second of hesitation. 

Thank you most of all to the Halls family, I am, and always will be proud to have represented the Red Devils. I hope you all know that I did everything in my power to represent our team and community with excellence and class, and I apologize I couldn’t bring home a state title.

Well said young man. Congratulations on an amazing high school career. :)