Tullahoma vs. Manchester 8.24.18

FmrWildcat0306

Well this year's coffee pot was amazing if you were a Wildcat. 48-8 the final from Wilkins Stadium. The game was over in the first half. Tullahoma led 27-0 after the 1st quarter and 34-0 at half. I think the first team offense only threw like 5 passes, so a pretty quiet night for Ben Fulton. He did have a TD pass tho in one attempt on a bomb throw. But Coffee Co couldn't do anything right. Their option offense only netted them 1 first down until the 4th Q. They had 2 first downs by Tullahoma penalty tho. Their defense couldn't stop Tullahoma's rushing attack. Also their special teams were poor. The committed penalties for illegal substitution, offsides, delay of game, and the only unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of the game. I think it was after Tullahoma's 3rd or 4th touchdown. Tullahoma played subs early on O. The 2nd team O played the last series of the first half. Coffee Co couldn't move the ball and either turned the ball over on downs or did a rugby style punt on their 4th downs and so Tullahoma had great field position all night. Tullahoma did have one turnover in a fumble on an option play but that was the only mistake all night. The Coffee Co never stopped the Tullahoma 1st team O. Coffee Co also never scored on Tullahoma's 1st team D. Coffee Co's score and 2 point conversion came against Tullahoma's 2nd team D. Coffee Co, in a typical display of their classlessness called 2 timeouts in the last minute of the game so they could score on Tullahoma, and again, typical Coffee Co, they went for 2 as well. Hope that made them happy. Coach John Olive did not even address that action in his post game speech. I guess that's who they are and they can't help it. So on that note, for this wildcat the rivalry lives on. That act just left a bad taste in my mouth for next year's game. But yes, Tullahoma came out strong and was in complete command for the entire game. What a great night to be a Wildcat! Reminded me of when I played. My SR year we won 42-7. What can I say? It's a great night to be a Tullahoma Wildcat. I don't think the game next week against Marshall Co will be this easy tho, but for now I'm just going to enjoy this whipping.