Week 7 Top Teams in "The 901"

Respect901fball

1a.  Lausanne-   Defeated St. Georges 55-14 to win their ____ game in a row.   (maybe someone can tell me)  They are ranked #1 in Division II-AA.   This week home against ECS.  Should be another W.  

1b.  Germantown-  Defeated Douglass High 49-0.  Douglas is struggling but the "Red Swarm" ( I believe they the Defense) only allowed 8 total yards for the game.  GTown will be going into hostile territory on Friday.  Henry County is ranked # 1 in 5A and Germantown is # 6 in 6A.  This should be a heckuva game if both teams show up.  

3.    MUS-  Defeated Haywood County 54-28 to improve to 5-0.  This week they'll put a whoopin' on undefeated St. Benedict who has been beating up on inferior competition.  # 4 Division II-AAA

4.    Covington- Covington had a week off.   They will play at Martin Westview Friday night. Westview is struggling this season..... should be a W. #2 in state 3A rankings.

5.    Christian Brothers-   Defeated Memphis East 69-0.  Offense looked good on Friday even though it was against an inferior team.  Run game looking strong.  Friday against Briarcrest will be huge.  This is always a good game and I expect this one to be the same.  #2 Division II-AAA.  

6.    Whitehaven- Slaughtered Hamilton 76-0.  The Haven needed a game like this one.  Friday night they play Trezevant.  Easy W.... # 9 in state 6A rankings.

7.    Houston- Defeated Melrose 39-0 at home.  Next game vs Cordova.  This should be a good game.  Cordova's only loss is to Whitehaven and Houston's loss was to Germantown.  Battle of regions 7 and  8 in 6A.  I'm predicting Houston in a landslide victory.  

8.   Briarcrest-  Defeated KIPP last Friday 51-0.   Big game against Christian Brothers on Friday.  Must see....

9.    Kirby-  Defeated Kingsbury 62-0 on Friday.  This week they have Bolton.  Wow... they should win the rest of their games.  No competition besides a mediocre MUNFORD team. 

10a.  Cordova-  Defeated Sheffield on Friday.   Should be a good game Friday against a good Houston team. 

10b.  Central-  Central Defeated 1A Fairley on Friday night.   This week they play a Collierville team coming off big win in their new stadium.  Central should pull this one off too.  Collierville is without their starting quarterback who was injured in the Germantown game. 

Watch out for WHITE STATION!  Looks like they're cranking up! 

3 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

1a.  Lausanne-   Defeated St. Georges 55-14 to win their ____ game in a row.   (maybe someone can tell me)  They are ranked #1 in Division II-AA.   This week home against ECS.  Should be another W.  

1b.  Germantown-  Defeated Douglass High 49-0.  Douglas is struggling but the "Red Swarm" ( I believe they the Defense) only allowed 8 total yards for the game.  GTown will be going into hostile territory on Friday.  Henry County is ranked # 1 in 5A and Germantown is # 6 in 6A.  This should be a heckuva game if both teams show up.  

3.    MUS-  Defeated Haywood County 54-28 to improve to 5-0.  This week they'll put a whoopin' on undefeated St. Benedict who has been beating up on inferior competition.  # 4 Division II-AAA

4.    Covington- Covington had a week off.   They will play at Martin Westview Friday night. Westview is struggling this season..... should be a W. #2 in state 3A rankings.

5.    Christian Brothers-   Defeated Memphis East 69-0.  Offense looked good on Friday even though it was against an inferior team.  Run game looking strong.  Friday against Briarcrest will be huge.  This is always a good game and I expect this one to be the same.  #2 Division II-AAA.  

6.    Whitehaven- Slaughtered Hamilton 76-0.  The Haven needed a game like this one.  Friday night they play Trezevant.  Easy W.... # 9 in state 6A rankings.

7.    Houston- Defeated Melrose 39-0 at home.  Next game vs Cordova.  This should be a good game.  Cordova's only loss is to Whitehaven and Houston's loss was to Germantown.  Battle of regions 7 and  8 in 6A.  I'm predicting Houston in a landslide victory.  

8.   Briarcrest-  Defeated KIPP last Friday 51-0.   Big game against Christian Brothers on Friday.  Must see....

9.    Kirby-  Defeated Kingsbury 62-0 on Friday.  This week they have Bolton.  Wow... they should win the rest of their games.  No competition besides a mediocre MUNFORD team. 

10a.  Cordova-  Defeated Sheffield on Friday.   Should be a good game Friday against a good Houston team. 

10b.  Central-  Central Defeated 1A Fairley on Friday night.   This week they play a Collierville team coming off big win in their new stadium.  Central should pull this one off too.  Collierville is without their starting quarterback who was injured in the Germantown game. 

I know Covington is really good but I can’t see them beating CBHS, Haven, or Briarcrest. I’ll give it a stab...

1. Laussane 

2. MUS 

3. Germantown 

4. Whitehaven

5. CBHS 

6a. Briarcrest 

6b.  Covington

7. Houston 

8. Cordova

9. Central

10. Kirby 

Edited by Havengrad04

58 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

I know Covington is really good but I can’t see them beating CBHS, Haven, or Briarcrest. I’ll give it a stab...

1. Laussane 

2. MUS 

3. Germantown 

4. Whitehaven

5. CBHS 

6a. Briarcrest 

6b.  Covington

7. Houston 

8. Cordova

9. Central

10. Kirby 

Covington’s starting 11 on both sides of the ball could gontoentontoe with anyone on this list. The problem is depth. Just not enough bodies to compete with the top teams on this list. 

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

1. Laussane 

2. MUS 

3. Germantown 

4. Whitehaven

5. CBHS 

6a. Briarcrest 

6b.  Covington

7. Houston 

8. Cordova

9. Central

10. Kirby 

I hear ya.... The offense they run is like Navy though. Most teams aren't prepared for that running game. Through week 7 I think this is where they belong. It'll all play out in the coming weeks.  I see you have Cordova over Kirby.  I just don't see it. Central....I'm still not sure about them. As far as the top 6 are concerned, they are all ranked in the state and a case can be made for anyone of them. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good list though.

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Covington’s starting 11 on both sides of the ball could gontoentontoe with anyone on this list. The problem is depth. Just not enough bodies to compete with the top teams on this list. 

I agree! Depth is definitely the key. I think if Lausanne was playing larger schools the depth would finally catch up to them as well. It's easy when you're players aren't getting banged up by the big boys. 

5 hours ago, Respect901fball said:

Correction***  Cordova and Houston are both in Region 7. 

23 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

1. Laussane 

2. MUS 

3. Germantown 

4. Whitehaven

5. CBHS 

6a. Briarcrest 

6b.  Covington

7. Houston 

8. Cordova

9. Central

10. Kirby 

Cosign.