#3 Hickman County (5-5) @ #2 Columbia Academy (8-2)

bigmac45

1 minute ago, Monkey Wrench said:

CA is superrrr one dimensional.  They win this game easy, but anytime they have to throw, its up in the air whether or not it will be an interception or not. 

Exactly. We can run it at will for the most part, but the QB decision making is just not that good. And why when we drive the ball down the field on the ground, and then decide to throw it for the touchdown doesn’t make sense to me. This could be a much bigger win if they would just stick to what they do best. Aside from that the defense looked pretty good tonight aside from a couple big plays

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Exactly. We can run it at will for the most part, but the QB decision making is just not that good. And why when we drive the ball down the field on the ground, and then decide to throw it for the touchdown doesn’t make sense to me. This could be a much bigger win if they would just stick to what they do best. Aside from that the defense looked pretty good tonight aside from a couple big plays

I dont have a problem with that last call in the redzone, this game isnt near as close as the score would suggest, and they are going to need to be able to throw those short yardage eventually.  

I am confused why they are just taking Davidson out at like 5 min, he's probably 90% of the offense, no reason even taking a little chance of him getting hurt.

Just now, Monkey Wrench said:

I dont have a problem with that last call in the redzone, this game isnt near as close as the score would suggest, and they are going to need to be able to throw those short yardage eventually.  

I am confused why they are just taking Davidson out at like 5 min, he's probably 90% of the offense, no reason even taking a little chance of him getting hurt.

I think they kept him until he broke the 4000 career yards mark

1 minute ago, Monkey Wrench said:

But no. This game is absolutely no where near as close as the score was

To summarize this game:

Hickman county scores on a 50+ yard run on one of the first plays of the game.  Other than that didnt really do anything, CA's defense looked really solid.  

Ca's offense, overall, looked bad.  Lots of turnovers (5), and the inability to throw the ball may eventually be their downfall.  The running game, like always was great.  Davidson broke 4,000 career rushing yards, and had ~305 rushing yards, with CAs overall rushing yards > 400.

The keys to beating CA is clearly to just force them to throw the ball at this point.  Also, if you can't stop CA's run it will be very tough to beat them, CA has a plethora of backs.  

Looking at next week, Waverly giving up quite a few points to Forrest who, in my opinion has very little offense capabilities.  May be a shootout.  If CA turns it over like this next week it will be a blowout in Waverly's favor.

Edited by Monkey Wrench
stats