All Mr. Footballs

chargapride

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest macwall34

I played for the 2001 rebels and i played against Hill! He is good, but hes not the best. He is quick and has good vision, but he by far lacks the size to be an awesome running back. As far as a finalist goes idk, hes good dont get me wrong but i mean either crockett running back could out do him. Pitts or Williams could start over him anyday.

STENBERG

Carl Stewart is the best running back in the state hands down, he's all muscle. He runs a 4.4 forty, he will win the decathlon this year, and he has a 35 inch vertical. He has the ability to run past, through, or around you and it usually takes more than 4 people to bring him down. He never stops running, or smiling. He's Auburn bound, but he's hopefully hauling in 1 more state title before his high school days are over!

Derrick deserves the AA Mr. football Back He runs strong has great vision and one man is not going to bring him down. A consistant 4.5 forty at 185 pounds. Also strong with over a 400 pound squat 260 power clean amd 270 push press. He had 1,892 yards over 2,300 all purpose yards(not sure on exact number) and 30 TD's. He averaged alot less carries in the veer ofense than Cothran and Hill's stats don't compare. Also his value to the team as player and leader was immense. He played DB on defense and returned punts and kicks as well. Good luck to all finalist you are all deserving but I hope Derrick brings the award back to Marion Co. ;)

I agree that all three are in line for the MR.FOOTBALL trophy.But sense you are talking stats maybe I can give you some insight on Cothran.Not only did he lead the whole state in rushing in all classes..he as well has some pretty good numbers in the weight room.He is running the forty in just under 4.6...at 5'11 he is a solid 190 pounds.squats oevr 450..power cleans 280..benches 330..and has ended up with 2424 yards rushing for the year.He helped the Jackets go further than any Fairview has ever gone in the playoffs.In the two playoff games he had almost four hundred yards in rushing...scored all the points in both games.He seem to always find a way in the end zone.He had over 90 tackles on defense with three interceptions one ran back as a TD.He threw a couple of Tds as well.He scored over two hundred points this year total with the team.He also handled the punting duties and had an average of over 43 yards per punt..not bad considering he carried the ball 373 times.....strong legs for sure.....to round it off with a 3.5 GPA going into the year and currently holding a 4.0 this senior year... ;) that is what is important no matter what happens.......

With all this being said...our hats should go off to the offensive line who helped these guys get to where they all are today...so to the unsong heroes on the 0 line...we all salute you guys...on each team..... :D

Not disputing Cothran's stats are good. Derrick also is an excellent student with a 3.3 or 3.5 GPA can't remember of the top of my head but one of the two. He also handled holding for PATS that I did not mention earlier, alot of times after his own long touchdown runs. As far as attempts go that was what I was talking about earlier if Derrick had carried it 300 plus times I would Guarantee he would have well over 2,500 plus rushing yards. Because we run an option offense he made the most of the carries he did get. Best player in the Chattanooga area this year and Would be a very good represtative as the example of a student-athlete. :D

I believe that the nomination should be left after the playoffs, or even Championships...that is when the real athlets show up! How many of the nominees are still in the hunt for the championship?