Fairview @ Waverly

Swarm

Jackets heading over toward the big pond to face the Tiggers again. This one has me scratching my head for sure this year. Fairview can be high octane but has established a pattern of 2 steps forward/3 steps back on about half of their offensive drives. Defense is steadily improving against the run. 

Who you got?

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Fairview will win this one. Probably will be a running clock. We have had some good games the past 5 years but this one won’t be.

Come on A.J. have some faith! We are getting better. We still have personnel issues on defense (in my opinion). But we may have found out who we are on offense! Still a lot of football left to be played! 

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Fairview will win this one. Probably will be a running clock. We have had some good games the past 5 years but this one won’t be.

I don't see that happening buddy. We aren't playing well enough to put teams away like that. I think these teams are about even. 

30 minutes ago, JumboTron said:

Come on A.J. have some faith! We are getting better. We still have personnel issues on defense (in my opinion). But we may have found out who we are on offense! Still a lot of football left to be played! 

2 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I don't see that happening buddy. We aren't playing well enough to put teams away like that. I think these teams are about even. 

If Fairview is anywhere close to the teams they have had in the past 5 years y’all mark it down it will be a running clock game! If they are not I’d say Fairview by two tds

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

If Fairview is anywhere close to the teams they have had in the past 5 years y’all mark it down it will be a running clock game! If they are not I’d say Fairview by two tds

We should be closer to those teams than we are but we are not. We do have a playmaker that most will struggle to match up with. That might be the difference. We're pretty physical too. 

42 minutes ago, JumboTron said:

I have said it several times I think Waverly is two yrs out before they will be a contender again. That’s just part of it especially where we live. You of all people should know this.

Edited by vandyfan1

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well I hope it turns out to be a great game. The past 3 have been  classics! We shall see maybe we can pull off an upset.

I wouldn't be surprised to get beat at all. I'll be mad but not surprised lol. 

I do think the Tigers will have to be balanced pass/run to beat us unless we continue gifting short fields. I'm thinking it will be a close game. 

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

We can’t defend the pass to save our life. 

We aren't anywhere close to the passing threat we have been but can still throw it around fair. Little bit of a crapshoot when we throw it. Has bitten us several times this year. I expect we'll run 80% of the time and will hit you deep when you get too downhill on defense. 

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have said it several times I think Waverly is two yrs out before they will be a contender again. That’s just part of it especially where we live. You of all people should know this.

Yes you are correct to a degree. But these seniors are tough kids who will continue to work for this year. They need us to back them. A couple changes on D and it will make a difference.