Camden at Fairview

Swarm

The perennial R6 #1 & #2 square off this Friday night in Fairview. Both teams still have to deal with a vastly improved Stewart County Rebels team later on but this is the biggest game of the year so far for both teams.

Camden is coming off getting shut out 0-22 by a good 2a team. 

Fairview is coming of another penalty infested blowout win against a 1 dimensional 4a team. 

I have no reason to believe this wont be another ugly, frustrating, hard fought game. If Fairview continues to play undisciplined football, they lose is my prediction. If they play clean, they win again. 

What say you? 

FV will continue to struggle with two starters on D still out from injuries.  Next man up needs to step up big on Friday. 

I see flashes of improvement but I agree with Swarm...the inconsistency with the penalties has me worried.  

Offense seems to be clicking a bit better now.  Starting to see the QB and receivers getting on the same page. 

17 hours ago, Rebels84 said:

Fairview should win but who knows. Your right about Stewart County they are vastly improved!  Camden is traditionally a tough team . Should be a good game to watch.

Glad to see the Rebels on the rise. Look forward to seeing you guys week 10. Keep it going!

22 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

FV will continue to struggle with two starters on D still out from injuries.  Next man up needs to step up big on Friday. 

I see flashes of improvement but I agree with Swarm...the inconsistency with the penalties has me worried.  

Offense seems to be clicking a bit better now.  Starting to see the QB and receivers getting on the same page. 

If we have anywhere close to the amount of drive killing penalties we've had the last 2 games we're done IMO. 

Camden is going to be disciplined and fundamentally sound as usual. They're going to execute long, time consuming drives on offense and play disciplined, gap assignment defense. Appears they don't have much kicking game.

Fairview needs to establish the run, minimize the holding penalties, ELIMINATE the personal fouls completely, get some stops on defense, and win the time of posession. We won't be able to consistently dig out of these 3rd and 15's against Camden. 

Our kicker may be the difference in this one. 

Scares me to think our kicker is the difference maker.  We can successfully kick touchbacks but I am concerned if we are relying on field goals. 

We will need to plug holes off tackle and figure out how to stop that part of the running game.  Our MLB is getting back to normal but and if we play the correct OLBs, we can will be okay.  Missing the DEs are going to hurt us.

We will have to execute our blocking scheme perfectly.  Once we establish that we can and will run the ball, the passing game might be the difference maker.  We won't be allowed the deep ball to develop, might need to look at the shorter game. 

I like our receivers against Camden's DBs.  We are tall and can jump.  That's the difference maker I think.

22 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

Scares me to think our kicker is the difference maker.  We can successfully kick touchbacks but I am concerned if we are relying on field goals. 

Lol I hear ya!  I was factoring the touchbacks into my theory as much as field goals to be honest. That's certainly a weapon in itself. I have confidence in the kicker to make his field goals too though. He had a rough start but I believe it was holder issues more than anything. Hopefully that's been taken care of. We've left alot of 3 pointers on the table this year. #14 has the leg to kick a 50 yarder. 

7 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

We will have to execute our blocking scheme perfectly.  Once we establish that we can and will run the ball, the passing game might be the difference maker.  We won't be allowed the deep ball to develop, might need to look at the shorter game. 

I like our receivers against Camden's DBs.  We are tall and can jump.  That's the difference maker I think.

Yep. Good point. QB has to stop telegraphing on the 10+ yarders. I feel like I could run out from the bleachers and intercept him alot of times. Scary to watch. 

I feel talent wise we are better than last season..we dont have problems with flags. We seem to be game to game on "want to" If we could match the level of intensity we played vs Waverly  week to week we would have 1 loss.    We lack resolve in my opinion.With the exception of#73 # 21 and our upback/lead blocker the rest of the boys seem to have a lot of quit in them.. No idea what to expect is worse than knowing you're bad.  We have the ability to play lights out but I have yet to see us do it for 4 quarters .   

So basically sounds like its gonna be a mess from what yall are sayin and I know  :P  Everyone be safe on the way to the game

7 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I feel talent wise we are better than last season..we dont have problems with flags. We seem to be game to game on "want to" If we could match the level of intensity we played vs Waverly  week to week we would have 1 loss.    We lack resolve in my opinion.With the exception of#73 # 21 and our upback/lead blocker the rest of the boys seem to have a lot of quit in them.. No idea what to expect is worse than knowing you're bad.  We have the ability to play lights out but I have yet to see us do it for 4 quarters .   

So basically sounds like its gonna be a mess from what yall are sayin and I know  :P  Everyone be safe on the way to the game

Hello there Mr. Beagle. Thanks for stopping by and leaving some comments. 

I wouldn't know what to think if we strung together 10 plays without some laundry. We too have yet to put together 4 quarters without some self inflicted setbacks. I'm actually not sure we've put together a half! Particularly offensively. Defense has played good at times and other times have struggled with a matchup. We've also been pretty banged up. So I have to be careful not to be so critical I reckon. 

It's going to be a close and hard fought game. I guarantee that.