Riverdale VS. Brentwood

Guest afzombie00

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although both teams are very good ball teams Brentwood seems to be team with the edge in this game. Other than having the best back in 5-A (Austen Everson was robbed), having the other teams former defensive coordinator as a head coach has to give Brentwood the extra edge to win this football game. Also, when you think Riverdale, you think Ralph King, and he is gone. Everson plays better in these situations and I am sure he will be eager to prove the voters wrong. GO BRUINS

Guest afzombie00

I know the warriors have had 2 bad games in a row, but I think there will be a new team show up on saturday to play for the state championship. I think the warriors will be prepared and I dont think it matters that Brentwoods head coach was one of the warriors best coaches. The best team will win.

FireFly, my buddy. No need to get so defensive. All I was saying is that your quote," Don't even try to beat Riverdale by out playing them" sounds like something the John Madden would say. It makes no sense. So what should Brentwood do? Come into the State Championship and half-###### it, and just hope that Riverdale chokes? That makes a whole lot of sense. Well my new buddy, Brentwood will come to play and will give Riverdale the toughest game that they have played all year I can assure you that. I'm not making predictions, I don't do that. I was once a player and know that predictions on High School sporting events are tacky and pointless. I'm just saying that Riverdale better out play Brentwood, or they are in for a long night.

It was very interesting to read alot of you talk about different things regarding this big game. I myself am a Riverdale graduate and have seen Riverdale play about 10 or so games this year. Speaking on behalf of almost all Warrior fans we are very excited to be playing against Coach Crawford and the wonderful job he has done with Brentwood. He was a great coach and well respected person at this school who everyone misses. Most people knew he would be the air apparent to Rankin whenever he stepped down. Okay enough of emotional talk, what about the game. This Riverdale is different than any other one they have had in the past 10 years. This Riverdale team lacks the running game of years past, and since Henry's injury they lack most of their big play capability. Someone said Riverdale played bad the last two weeks. I disagree, I think they have overachived and this has by far been the best coaching job Rankin has done since being here. Last week he faced a better team and left the game in the hands of perhaps the state's best defense who just seems to make plays when they have too. I have never seen Brentwood play this year, I have heard they are a very good team early and struggle late. If that is true the winner might be determined early cause Riverdale is not gonna be a team that can overcome a big deficit. This will be a great game. Rankin does not want to lose a state championship to a close friend and you can be sure this game will be loaded with trick plays you thought you would never see from a Riverdale team. If Riverdale wins, I think its gonna be because of QB Stephen Britton. The kid is as tough and as competetive as they come and has been playing safety on defense the past few weeks during most of the games. What a game this will be? I liked the predictions some of you had except the one that had Riverdale blowing them out. heck I want RHS to win and I will tell you they will not blow out a Crawford coached team. Great game, one of the best state championship match-ups I have ever see. Prediction: Riverdale 21 Brentwoood 20

This game will come down to who can play Defense better. Brentwood may have a slight advantage because Crawford knows player tendancies and how you can trick them. But by the same token Riverdale also has a slight edge in that coach Rankin knows coach Crawford and knows what his tendancies are.So this game is to close to call. Good luck to both teams

Guest afzombie00

one thing I know is that each school has the chance do do something that will be the first in school history at both schools.For Brentwood just winning a state championship will be a first. For Riverdale no team has won back to back state championships. They each have something on the line that neither team wants to pass up.