Riverdale VS. Brentwood

Guest afzombie00

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swolegle

Being a Rankin Crawford matchup... it should be a very interesting game.. Probably the game of the year.. and should be, being the championship game.. my prediction...

Riverdale... 28

Brentwood... 17

Hey, I happen to think either Hillsboro or Maryville could beat either Brentwood or Riverdale this year, but whatever. ;)

That's just in response to the comment above that this will probably be the "Game of the Year." Nah --- I think the Hillsboro-Maryville game will probably deserve that recognition. Maryville is after all the No. 1 team in Tennessee, and Hillsboro's not far behind. :D

I think Riverdale will win this game, by the way. I don't know why but I've just got that feeling that they will.

Philster, you and all those Maryville boys need to get a grip! Until ya'll step up to the big boys all that Maryville this and that means nothing! All that hypothetic crap is just that "CRAP!" You will never be considered best team in the state until ya move up and play the big 5a schools or the big private schools! Until then your still 2nd fiddle to the big boys! I'm not a Maryville hater just the oppisite, but I am a realist! You guys have a great program 2nd to none in 4a, and that's nothing to sneeze at! Good luck with Hillsboro, they too have a great team with an awesome tradition in resent years! Your game just like the Warrior/Bruins game will be something any true fan won't miss! :)

Guest sistersdream

The game Brentwood played tonight was amazing, and I dont see them losing any momentum going into the state game. The BHS defense stepped up big, AGAIN. Brentwood can give you power, or they can be explosive.

Frankly, the only advantage I see that Riverdale has is being somewhat used to playing on turf.

Posted by sistersdream:

The game Brentwood played tonight was amazing, and I dont see them losing any momentum going into the state game. The BHS defense stepped up big, AGAIN. Brentwood can give you power, or they can be explosive.

Frankly, the only advantage I see that Riverdale has is being somewhat used to playing on turf.

Sistersdream....Were you able to get my message to Coach Crawford?

VG

Rankin's acknowledgement in today's paper that Riverdale's offensive game plan for DB was too conservative may offer hope for an improved performance next week. On the lone TD drive Riverdale put together, they had DB off balance with a good mixture of play calling, but with the lead went back to an ultra conservative offensive game plan.

To win on Saturday, Riverdale will surely have to at least offer the threat of a passing game to open up the middle. I realize the receivers for Riverdale haven't proven themselves very sure-handed (with maybe one exception) but, they are fast, athletic, and capable of making big plays.

If Riverdale opens things up just a little, it will make Brentwood's job significantly more difficult.

Riverdale has not given up over 14 points in a game all year, so why start now? They have been here before, and you never know how the pressure of a title game will affect a team who has not been.

Riverdale should be considered the underdog here, but this bunch always finds a way to win.

And Coach Crawford, when I wished you good luck before the season began - okay, you have taken it quite far enough. Congratulations on what you have done so far.

Now Warriors, it is up to you. Just one more game.

With all the animosity between Franklin and Brentwood these past few weeks, I just want to wish Brentwood luck from a Franklin player. After playing ya'll twice I think ya'll are a "team of destiny" and definitely the best team in 5A. I know I'm gonna hear it from the fans around town after you win this week, but ya know what, it doesn't matter cause you have a great group of guys that play hard and deserve to win. This is the first time a public school from Williamson Co. has made it so far so the whole county is behind you guys. Go win it for the rest of us! Now, for my prediction, neither defense is gonna give up many points but i see Brentwood's D as being a little tougher and Everson on O as being a little too much for Riverdale. Brentwood 20-14