Who won Warren Co - Smyrna?????

gomab2

Guest warrenco2003

Smyrna Beat Warren Co. last night 63-60. Warren Co. leaded the game until the 4th quarter. They were up by about 18 at half time but lost it in the 2nd half when Smyrna started coming back. Warren Co. played some good D, but obviously not good enough for Smyrna's Swader and Warner.

Warren County pretty much handed Smyrna the game. As for Swader, he's athletic, but doesn't possess alot of outside touch. In college, he will need to be able to knock down some outside shots because he won't be able to outjump everyone. I thought both teams played well at times and Smyrna showed a lot of heart in coming back in the 2nd half. They iced the game at the free throw line late. It's obvious that they will be a good team this year, but Warren County showed that they won't be a pushover in their district.

Swader is very athletic and tall, as related to high school athletes. In college, the previous poster was exactly right, he won't be able to outjump everyone. When pressured outside the paint, he passes the ball EVERY time. I truly do not remember him taking a shot outside the paint all night.

As for Warren Co., you have to finish guys. This was an opportunity to beat a VERY highly regarded team handily and you guys continually did not show the killer instinct. Reece Bishop stepped up at the end of the game. Randal Harrell seemed to disappear and allow Bishop to take control at the end of the game. Harrell (not even ranked, ahem Gomab) continually dominated the #1 ranked Swader outside of the paint all night. However, Randal you have to be the man when the game is on the line. Let's see that against Oakland. You wouldn't believe how many people are desperately wanting to see you with that killer instinct. You have the talent, just step up.

p.s. to the FRB: pitiful showing on Saturday night. If you want to be considered one of the best student sections, you have to show up every night. Good job getting Swader's attention at the end, though. :(

Guest Disciple

I agree warren county should of won that game blowing an 18 point lead and basically giving them the game. But viewing the matchups Harrell and Bishop pretty much dominated the smyrna duo. Swader had a big game but where was Warner? I Think Bishop had like 23 and Harrell 22 , that warren county teams needs help from the others to go anywhere. As for Smyrna thats a pretty good team already beating Oakland Riverdale and Warren County, but like warren county there gonna need help from the others to go far, and to be able to handle pressure

[Edited by Disciple on 12-1-02 10:40A]

Guest warrenco2003

I would like to reply on rastabob's comment about the FRBs. Yes, student attendance was low on Saturday night but most of the FRBs also play Jaycee basketball and their games are scheduled for every Saturday night so that just couldn't be helped. And I really don't think anyone has said anything about wanting to be considered the best student section. The FRBS are there to cheer on Warren Co. and make simple jokes through out the game. If you see that we are doing something wrong or need improvement why don't you come join us and help us out since there is obviously a perfect way to support your team.

:)