Whitefield Academy @ Temple

Dwest73

I just watched the Crusaders play Whitefield Academy from Atlanta. What A Game!!!!! Whitefield is loaded their starting 5 is 6'4, 6'5, 6'3 6'2 and a lighting fast 5'8 point guard. Whitefield finished in the final four in the Ga. public school state tournament last year. They returned all 5 starters.. Temple played their guts out and was in the game until the final 2 minutes. After watching Temple play, I believe they are the real thing. I also watched Boyd Buchanan play Whitefield. Boyd missing 3 starters lost by 22 but did very well. When they return their football players they will be a force to reckon with. The Classic at Temple was a great Basketball time. Go Crusaders!!!!!

I saw Boyd and Temple play Whitfield Acadamy and it seems to me that Temple's free throws kept them in the game, don't get me wrong Temple's play was impressive as well. Boyd didn't hit their free throws and had a bunch of turnovers. Whitfield Acadamy was very very good.

Yeah I cannot wait to see Boyd and Temple play later on. There are alot of similarities of the team structure. Both teams are small and quick. Both teams are fundamentally sound and rely alot on hustle and solid defense. This aught to be a good match up.

Even though Temple has a vault of talent, WA should have beaten Temple by about 20. If you were at the game, you saw a typical 1A refereed game....it was horrible. #10, who is the 15th top prospect, was out early with fouls. WA playes a different game. They're from around Atlanta and the competition there is above and beyond anything that we see here in Tennessee. WA has 2 Division 1 prospects that controlled the game. If the game had good officials, it wouldn't have been close. There were questionable calls that went both ways. It was exciting to see two good teams play, however.

The Temple/Boyd game will be a usual great game. Boyd is still without some key players that may or may not play....its a silly situation. But that's another story for another thread.

Best of luck to all Chattanooga teams this year!

BBbaseball 15,

I not only watched the game, but have a copy of the tape, which I have watched twice for scouting purposes, and the officiating had nothing to do with the game. The officials made some horrendous calls on both ends, in fact, the ones that went agaisnt Temple hurt THEM more than the other way around. Tim Morris, #10, had four fouls, 3 of which were not questionable and one was a 50/50 call. WA plays the way the do, KNOWING they will pick up a lot of fouls, whether they are in Atlanta or Chattanooga. In fact the coach of WA said after the game that they won because they were better athletes, but Temple played more fundementally sound, and that is why it was a good game.